Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Sitemap for Google AMP category (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Sitemap for Google AMP category
Jim Hill
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Sitemap for Google AMP category Karma: 0  
Can anyone help me to create a sitemap for a category of Joomla articles containing Google AMP pages? All of the articles are in a single Joomla category, and all of the Joomla articles contain AMP versions created by the wbAMP
Accelerated mobile pages for Joomla extension. I manually indexed the pages in Google Webmaster Tools but would like future mobile friendly AMP articles to show up in a sitemap.

Example page URL (non AMP): https://www.ufcinc.com/User-Friendly-Consulting-Inc-Blog/what-is-a-general-ledger

Example AMP version: https://www.ufcinc.com/User-Friendly-Consulting-Inc-Blog/what-is-a-general-ledger/amp

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Sitemap for Google AMP category Karma: 79  
Hi Jim,

this is outside the default scope of JSitemap, because you should modify links generated for Joomla contents accordingly to the plugin wbAMP Accelerated mobile pages for Joomla extension, so adding a final '/amp' to each URLs of that articles categories.

The only way to do this at the moment is using a template override and work at PHP level.

You can create an additional 'Content' data source, filter it by category choosing the desired one and create a dataset including that data source only. That dataset will be used only for AMP pages.
Finally in the template override you have to evaluate the ID of the data source and customize links adding the final '/amp'

If you have not PHP skills you can wait the next release, i can plan to add an option to manipulate articles links in the data source settings.

Regards

John

Logged Logged  
Jim Hill
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Sitemap for Google AMP category Karma: 0  
Thanks a lot for the quick answer. For now I think we will just add the AMP pages to the Google index manually. Perhaps the AMP strategy will take off, we are evaluating it for SEO purposes. Thanks so much!

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Yes we are doing the same Still evaluating if the AMP thing will be really useful or another Google advertising idea. If it will be worthy maybe in future we can even integrate some features into JSitemap.
Best wishes!

Logged Logged  
Jim Hill
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Sitemap for Google AMP category Karma: 0  
By the way, this is what I ended up doing to get my AMP sitemap submitted to Google so that those new pages would be indexed. I am still very much interested in finding a way to have JSitemap create this automatically in conjunction with the WbAMP plugin.
https://www.ufcinc.com/User-Friendly-Consulting-Inc-Blog/an-introduction-to-amp-and-using-it-in-joomla

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Thanks a lot for this article Jim, very well written.

There is some news

We are just finishing the development of a new plugin for AMP called JAmp that will be released in next days. We had a lot of people complaining about issues with wbAmp so we chosen to develop a new AMP plugin for Joomla.

Although JAmp works like WbAmp adding meta tags to index AMP pages, the next step will be by sure the integration with JSitemap.

See you!
John

Logged Logged  
Go to top