Re:Modify scroll to bottom (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Modify scroll to bottom
Atlanta Internet Design
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:Modify scroll to bottom Karma: 1  
Hi,

I can appreciate your sentiments. I would point out, however that the chosen method of altering the source code for solving this problem was chosen by you. I do own Jsitemap so while this is a free plugin, I am a paying customer. All I asked for was how to limit the scrolling and got several answers that did not work.

I'm not mad, I was just surprised you would chose the phase "waste so much time"

Thanks

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Modify scroll to bottom Karma: 79  
Hi,

i suggested the way to change the code because i already knew that you did it for the top scrolling. My thoughts were that you was confortable with this way. Because it looks that it's not the case i suggested an alternative method maybe easier nothing more.

I appreciate the fact that you are a paid customer for the other extension of course, indeed this is why i offered you a top support till now, and i really hope that you appreciate it.

John

Logged Logged  
Atlanta Internet Design
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:Modify scroll to bottom Karma: 1  
Hi,

If anyone has been following this subject I finally found an answer to the question of how to control where the page up and page down can be modified

Code:

$( ".modpagecrollbtns.gobottom, .modpagecrollbtns.backtop" ).on( 'mouseup touchend', function( jqEvent ) { jqEvent.preventDefault(); jqEvent.stopPropagation(); // If a short press is detected, go to end scrolling value for the page if ( new Date().getTime() <= ( start + longpress ) ) { // Scroll to top if($(this).hasClass('backtop')) { $('html, body').animate({ scrollTop: -1000 }, $animationSpeed); } else { // Scroll to end $('html, body').animate({ scrollTop: 1000 }, $animationSpeed); } }
The key is the number 1000. Adjust it to adjust the scroll. Many many thanks to John for his help and putting up with me!!

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Modify scroll to bottom Karma: 79  
Hi Bob,

thanks a bunch! A bit frustrating but successful!

John

Logged Logged  
Go to top