Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Google Error: Sitemap appears to be an HTML page (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Google Error: Sitemap appears to be an HTML page
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Google Error: Sitemap appears to be an HTML page Karma: 79  
By the way the link format should be always as by default: https://www.yourdomain.com/index.php/index.php?option=com_jmap&view=sitemap&format=xml

This means that settings are left as by default in the screenshot attached.

The incorrect namespace issue is known and due to Admin Tools as reported at this FAQ so you can fix: https://storejextensions.org/faq/why-i-receive-the-error-your-sitemap-or-sitemap-index-file-declares-the-namespace-incorrectly.html

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Wooten
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Google Error: Sitemap appears to be an HTML page Karma: 0  
Ah! (doh!), I see what you are saying now (in re default sitemap urls); hmmm this is interesting, i first submitted my sitemap to google in Mar 2015 and never got any of these errors until this Jan 4 2017 they suddenly appeared. Thx for the documentation/referenced links I will try to work to address those issues per the info.

* What to do about my account not showing my purchase? This is the only account I have ever had - have used this (licensed) product for over 3 years now - we are due for a license renewal in about a month, will this pose problems for us when renewing our subscription?

Thx again for your assist; cheers

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Google Error: Sitemap appears to be an HTML page Karma: 79  
No problem you are welcome, also everything is ok about your account i found that the order were registered under a different email address.

Cheers

Logged Logged  
Go to top