J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
When Sitemap language English is used — Error creation in robots.text ? (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: When Sitemap language English is used — Error creation in robots.text ?
Patrick Toulze
Junior Boarder
User Offline
When Sitemap language English is used — Error creation in robots.text ? Karma: 0  
When Sitemap language English is used — Error creation in robots.text

When I choose French Language , No problem

Curiously, when I turn the Language (In the Sitemap control panel) the url stay the same as french
Code:

sitemap&format=hreflang&lang=fr
My Associations are done…

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:When Sitemap language English is used — Error creation in robots.text ? Karma: 79  
That's not an error, it's an advise informing you that the entry is already present in the robots.tx so no need to add it again.

Not curiously that the hreflang doesn't change it's how it work. The hreflang must not change but must stay always as the default site language, indeed all associations are already included.

Logged Logged  
Patrick Toulze
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:When Sitemap language English is used — Error creation in robots.text ? Karma: 0  
Ok, If I understand well, if all you associations are made right, you only need to add to the robots.txt the “Link for XML Hreflang site map” in the default language (in my case french) ?

IF So, Maybe you should add a note on this or make the “Link for XML Hreflang site map” diseappear in the non-default language…

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:When Sitemap language English is used — Error creation in robots.text ? Karma: 79  
Yes correct, the default language hreflang sitemap already contains associations in all languages. The fact that when switching the language dropdown it stays the same commonly is straightforward.

Logged Logged  
Patrick Toulze
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:When Sitemap language English is used — Error creation in robots.text ? Karma: 0  
Good for me — THANK YOU!

Logged Logged  
Go to top