Re:Server Load (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Server Load
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Server Load Karma: 79  

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
TOTAL MEDIA PC
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:Server Load Karma: 0  
I unserstand this but I don't understand why although I'm the only one that has access to the chat right now as a super user, I can see 30-40 users in the chat. Isn't this consuming resources without reason?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Unless those 30-40 users have already the browser opened before the change with the chat started, there is no possibility for them to use the chat if you set it for super users only.

Logged Logged  
TOTAL MEDIA PC
Junior Boarder
User Offline
I know that.
My question is why I see all logged in users in the chat. I know they can't use it but I still see them. This means that if 200 users are logged in joomla I will see 200 users in the chat (although they don't see the chat). Does this consume resources or not? This is my question.
I would expect to see only those users that can use the chat or even better only those users that have accessed the chat themselves and not automatically after logging in to joomla.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
I don't know why you see all users in the chat, if you set access levels = super users you must see only super users not all users logged in Joomla if they are not supers users.

If they don't see the chat it means that the chat is not executed so it means that it doesn't consume any resources. No chat = no resources consumed.

Logged Logged  
TOTAL MEDIA PC
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Ok.

I think I still haven't managed to explain what I mean

1. I have all registered users permitted to use the chat.
2. I have turned on module implementation.
3. I have created a page in joomla and a menu item that only super users can see. I have included the chat module in this page. This means that this page is only accessible by super users.

However. I can see all registered users in the chat although there is no way they can access the chat (as explained in step 3 above). This proves that all permitted users (registered users in my case) are logged in the chat and are shown to be active in the chat no matter if they clicked on chat menu item or not.

What I want is only those users that click on menu item chat to be shown as active in chat.

Logged Logged  
Go to top