Please Login to access forum.
Re:Chatroom mode problem (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Chatroom mode problem
Blindlight
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Chatroom mode problem Karma: 0  
Hi, I have been using global mode for chat but recently been getting spammed so I decided to switch to chatroom mode. I had four rooms made up some with members only permissions. Problem is when I go to the front end, I am only seeing the public room available.
So I changed the public room to members only but when I go to see what rooms are available, I have only public mode even though I thought I removed or changed the name to members only.
I was logged in as super user
Also as an idea for a future upgrade, It would be nice to have IP banning where you can see all the guests using your chat and their IP addresses. I wished I had had it yesterday

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Chatroom mode problem Karma: 79  
Hi
I don't think to have understood very well what you say about chatrooms. Chatrooms follow the Joomla access levels for assignment, the same as a Joomla article. The global room is used by default when no chatrooms are selected and has no 'members only' assignment. The only issue that i can think of, is that you have the cache option turned on in the chat advanced option so that the chatrooms are still cached before your changes.

PS: the IP banning feature is already included. Look a bit more carefully to the banning section (screenshot below)
When users exchange messages the IP address is logged in the messages list. If you get spammed by bots you need to know the IP address to ban.

Logged Logged  
Blindlight
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Chatroom mode problem Karma: 0  
Chatroom mode solved, thanks! I see no way to access IP addresses in the saved chat texts however

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
That's because you are using the old Jchat Professional.
The IP tracking feature is available in the new Enterprise edition.

Logged Logged  
Blindlight
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Chatroom mode problem Karma: 0  
ok, a couple of questions for the3 enterprise. One annoying feature of the old one was that if multiple windows were open on the site, the message would only go to one window. I have learned to deal with it but it would be better if it went to all windows. Also, I may be logged in on two different computers. It will have me as two users even though it's the same log in name
and finally, Is there ar e way to ban in the front end without going to the rear if you do have access permissions
any other upgrades worthy of note also?
Thanks, you may have a sale on your hands if most of these issues have been addressed

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
thanks for interest in the Enterprise.

The multiple chat window mode is included in the Enterprise, so you can keep more than one browser tab opened and receive messages in all tabs. However if you are logged in on 2 different computers with the same users, that user will be listed two times in the chat because of how the Joomla session works. 2 users with the same login but on 2 different computers are considered as 2 different users for Joomla and for JChat too. The definitive ban feature for users is available in backend for admins, users can temporary ban in frontend.

You can contact me at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it to get an evaluation copy of the Enterprise, there are many features added such as the video chat.

Logged Logged  
Go to top