Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:I have two menu - horiz & vertical. Responsivizer converts horiz to accordian but not left (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:I have two menu - horiz & vertical. Responsivizer converts horiz to accordian but not left
#2722
Paul Mlynarz
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 6
User Offline
I have two menu - horiz & vertical. Responsivizer converts horiz to accordian but not left Karma: 0  
Hi
http://www.schmidtsmowers.com.au

I have two menus - a horizontal & a vertical. Responsivizer converts the horizontal to accordian but not the left, which looks fine as it is but fails Google mobile test.

Can't find a way to make any changes to this layout.

Any ideas?

My thanks for any responses.
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#2723
John Dagelmore
Admin
Posts: 3885
User Online Now
Re:I have two menu - horiz & vertical. Responsivizer converts horiz to accordian but not left Karma: 84  
Hi all,

in the picture attached the website is not rendered with the Responsivizer template but exactly with the same Artisteer template used on desktop. Indeed when visiting your site Responsivizer is not active.

When you have activated Responsivizer then you can test it on Google and manage both menu modules to be rendered as mobile friendly. You can assign for example the horizontal menu to the position responsivizer_menu_top and the vertical to the position responsivizer_mainmenu

Another issue that i've noticed is that you have tables with fixed width '775px' that must be fixed to be fluid on mobile to avoid cutoff.

John
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#2724
Paul Mlynarz
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 6
User Offline
Re:I have two menu - horiz & vertical. Responsivizer converts horiz to accordian but not left Karma: 0  
Thanks - advice and assistance appreciated.

I am missing something because when I assign menus to Responsivizer positions, I lose them on the desktop view.

Position associations seem right

Paul
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#2725
John Dagelmore
Admin
Posts: 3885
User Online Now
Re:I have two menu - horiz & vertical. Responsivizer converts horiz to accordian but not left Karma: 84  
Hi Paul,

you need to manage the modules for both menus as a separate instance for mobile, independent from the desktop one of course.

This can be done quickly using the 'Modules manager' you can click to 'exclude from mobile' the current desktop module then click on the 'make mobile' button to assign a new instance to the mobile template. Ensure that menus are instances of the default Joomla menu module 'mod_menu' so that Responsivizer will be able to render as mobile automatically.

If you need help on site to configure it and understand how it works contact me at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it providing an admin account.

John
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#2726
Paul Mlynarz
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 6
User Offline
Re:I have two menu - horiz & vertical. Responsivizer converts horiz to accordian but not left Karma: 0  
Much appreciated - these instructions were soooooo clear! Just need a few tweeks AND A READ OF THE MANUAL AGAIN and I can get away with this one.

Now for converting all those lazy table designs I have been doing for years into something Google likes. :- (

once again - my appreciation.
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
#2727
John Dagelmore
Admin
Posts: 3885
User Online Now
Re:I have two menu - horiz & vertical. Responsivizer converts horiz to accordian but not left Karma: 84  
Thanks Paul

I had a look again at your site, much better! However the main menu is still not rendered as a mobile menu optimized one, maybe it's not assigned to the position 'responsivizer_mainmenu', it seems missing a class suffix in the module' having 'menuart-vmenu' instead of 'menu'.
It should look like in the image attached.

John
 
Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top