Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Purchased today - struggling a bit! (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Purchased today - struggling a bit!
allan
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Purchased today - struggling a bit! Karma: 0  
I have had excellent support so far. However, I have managed to replicate the same problem again!

I selected a menu (ROKNAVMENU) and clicked the green tab 'make mobile'. The reason for doing this was to ensure it can be located in the 'topmenu' position as I want it to be fixed there.

There is no panic as simply unpublishing the menu makes the mobile site work again. I do not know why this happens but it may be an issue to others.

Advise on this would be great.

As a side point, the menu above is our 'main menu' and we can get that phrase on the menu bar. Is it possible for the selected menu item to appear on the menu bar?

Allan

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Purchased today - struggling a bit! Karma: 79  
Hi Allan,

yes as i said you some days ago the problem is that the ROKNAVMENU has a compatiblity issue with the mobile and responsive layout so when publishing it on mobile the error appears.

by the way you don't need it on mobile because Responsivizer has already its built-in mobile menu.
And yes, you can show the selected menu item on the menu bar, if you publish your main menu to the position 'responsivizer_menu_top' to render the mobile top menu and you enable the option -> Active menu title in the 'topmenu'

John

Logged Logged  
allan
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Thanks again John.

The reason I was trying to create it was to have a 'fixed' menu. When I selected the option the menus continue to disappear as I scroll down.

How do I identify the menu and change its location to 'topmenu' so that it can be set to be visible at all times. If I in the Responsivizer modules manager and simply change the position will it not change it on the main site (as the module number is the same)

Sorry if I am missing something simple!

Allan

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
The top menu fixed and always visible on scrolling is also an option of the Responsivizer top menu settings.

You see both options in the screenshot attached. The position to use for the main menu is 'responsivizer_menu_top' as included in the second screenshot. Of course it must not be the same instance of the module used for desktop template. So just create a separate module instance for the main menu to use it only for Responsivizer template, so they are independent... that's obvious.

John

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline

Logged Logged  
allan
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Thanks John,

I worked that out by using a spare menu. Thanks for your help. I was looking for something more complex! It is very straight forward when you know!

Allan

Logged Logged  
Go to top