Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Shipping option
Uros LUKIC
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Shipping option Karma: 0  
Hello,

Just purchased your plug in

My fathers site runs on Joomla 1.5+ (template Affinity).

My questions are all related to the shipping options.

For example I will have 3 different items in my shop (green apple=40 eur, red apple=45 eur, blue apple=50 eur).

I would like to have 2 shipping options, for customers that are from EU and for outside EU so that they must choose one: Shipping inside EU=9 eur, Shipping Rest of the World=12,50eur.
Each additional item in the cart will add fix 4eur to the shipping amount.

No my whish is that the plug-in calculates like this:

A person from European Union will buy;
1x green apple = 40 eur
2x red apple = 2x45eur = 90eur
1x blue apple = 50 eur
+
1x fix shipping cost for eu = 9eur
+
3 additional item = 3x4eur = 12eur

TOTAL to be PAYED:
=201 eur

Is this managable? How?

10000x Thanx for your help!!!

Best regards from Slovenia,

Uros LUKIC, univ.dipl.eoc.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Shipping option Karma: 79  
Hi Uros,

this can't be done using the plugin as is, also because Paypal supports only a unique shipping cost to be passed to the cart.

So this logic should be developed using Javascript directly in the cart on your site, adding a radio button to choose an option between EU and not EU and change the shipping amount accordingly.... the final shipping amount once calculated can be submitted to Paypal cart.

The 4eur fixed amount however will be added to Paypal cart everytime a user adds a product type to Paypal cart.

Best regards!

John

Logged Logged  
Uros LUKIC
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Shipping option Karma: 0  
Hi John,

Thanx for your fast reply!

I figured out how to owercome the issue with the customers from EU and from World, because Im not good at coding and also not good at Java -thats why i will make 2 links under the product, with 2 unique articles(websites) inside joomla (one for EU buyers and one from World)

Regarding how to add this extra shipping cost to additional items - pls would you be so kind to attach the text of the code how can I add this 4 EUR to each additional item?

:{instantpaypal}action=addtocart,price=40,taxamount=22,taxtext=VAT+,productname=BLUE APPLE,showquantity=1, shippingamount=12.50,shippingtext=Shipping Rest of the world,shippingtype=???{/instantpaypal}

Is this OK in that way? Am I on the right path?

If you have an option to make also the short Java script regarding my issue with EU and World shipping zones I would be very very very thakfull, Im willing to donate for it if needed! I know more about nuclear plants than abt Java

Best regards,

Uros

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Probably you should include prices with VAT and use the tax field for fixed amount, because you have 2 variables, one for the EU zone, and one for 4eur fixed per products.

It should work like this:
{instantpaypal}action=addtocart,price=30,taxamount=12.50,taxtext=Fixed shipping+,productname=DemoProductxxx1,showquantity=1,shippingamount=4,shippingtext=Shipping per item,shippingtype=multiple{/instantpaypal}

You can switch between shippingtype=multiple or shippingtype=single to apply to single items

Best regards

John

Logged Logged  
Uros LUKIC
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Shipping option Karma: 0  
Hello John,

Thanx for your kind help.

Your idea is grt but I have the problem if I add 2 diff products than the shipping amount is doubled.

Now I got an Idea how to get it right, but I need your help.

1. I made my shop article with the 3 products
2. Under each product there is the BUY NOW button
3. This BUY NOW button redirects to an article where the buyer must schoose the shipping zone - 2 buttons with your code in the article (one for EU and 2nd for WORLD). I reduced the shipping cost -4 eur. The buyer buys the shipping as an product/service
4. Than the buyer is redirected to the shop with products and each has a ADD TO CART buton, each button has your code with fix price reduced -4eur and than in the code I added +8 eur as fix Tax.

In that way at the end all works fine

My question is, is there a way to hide the content fo the PayPal shopping cart, that the cart and its content will be hidden until the buyer presses the VIEW CART button?

Thanx

TC

Uros

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Normaly both buttons open up the floating window with Paypal cart, to have only the VIEW CART doing this preserving correct cart submission, probably a mix of javascript and hidden iframe is required... or make it that the window closes automatically before showing its contents.

John

Logged Logged  
Go to top