J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:FB shares counter Error and Updates (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:FB shares counter Error and Updates
Raj
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
[Closed]FB shares counter Error and Updates Karma: 0  
FAST SOCIAL SHARE PLUGIN Works like a charm with FB shares counter set to Hide. When I change it to Show and save, I get Warning: file_get_contents(https://graph.facebook.com/?id=http%3A%2F%2Ftaletown.org%2Fen%2Fliterature%2Fspiritual-stories%2F246-life-is-a-beach): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home4/taletown/public_html/plugins/content/fastsocialshare/fastsocialshare.php on line 148

1. How can this be resolved please?
2. Will you be adding Whatsapp button in future?
3. Currently, buttons load inside all articles after content, but functionality exists to display them also on Joomla Homepage (3.6.4) near the Searchbox in protostar template. I am no programmer, but can follow simple instructions. How can I do this on taletown.org with your user-friendly plugin?

Many thanks

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:FB shares counter Error and Updates Karma: 79  
The warning means that you dont' have the proper PHP directive allow_url_fopen enabled on your server settings or that your website has been blacklisted by Facebook and it's now forbidden.

You have to disable the plugin setting 'FB shares counter' to avoid this remote connection.

Regards

Logged Logged  
Raj
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:FB shares counter Error and Updates Karma: 0  
Thanks for the quick reply John. And sorry, I posted at the wrong place. I've still got a lot to learn.
1. I'm using PHP 5.6.27 on cPanel in shared hosting environment, and the local and master values are set to On for allow_url_fopen. What should I do?
2. Thanks. Hope you will have a Whatsapp button soon.
3. Thanks for the link. Am I right in understanding that I need to create a custom HTML module in position 1(protostar template), and just embed the phrase {fastsocialshare} by toggling editor? Then Switch to custom mode in plugin, but how do I enable the option 'Prepare content' in the options of that module?

Kind regards
Rajeev

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Yes you're right, the module options include the prepare contents in Joomla.

You should contact the hosting provider if your settings is already on

Kind regards

John

Logged Logged  
Raj
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:FB shares counter Error and Updates Karma: 0  
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction with the module John. You've made it so simple.

I am sorry to report on the warnings issue though, that the Hosting Provider spent some time on this troubleshooting, and believe that the plugin may need updating. They did add a php.ini but it did not solve the issue. They wondered if the plugin may have been out of date. I mentioned I had been using this plugin since before its Sep 2016 update, and the warnings had started since before that update. They occur only when FB share counter is set to show. No issue if FB share counter is set to hide. Sep 16 plugin update did not resolve the issue. The Host suggested that there is a script error in the php code that may need debugging. We also tried changing to BEEZ template but warnings persisted.

It is a beautiful piece of code. Hope we can get the conflict debugged. Many thanks again. Kind regards
Rajeev

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Please don't post thing without any sense. There is nothing to update, it's a standard PHP function that you and your hosting can see in the plugin code to retrieve shares count from Facebook:

Code:

file_get_contents("https://graph.facebook.com/?id=")
If they are not able to make a standard PHP function to work it would be better if you don't use it. No use = no warings = no problem. Otherwise change your hosting. John

Logged Logged  
Go to top