Please Login to access forum.
Re:Duplicated link (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Duplicated link
Caribbean Lighting Products, Corp.
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Duplicated link Karma: 0  
Hello. I’m receiving a warning telling me that cannot duplicate a link after I tried to create a item menu with the Menu Item Type = K2 Categories.

If you see the attachment, the system shows me the name of the items is duplicated (sociopolitical.htnl), but the name of the new item is Vida y Hogar.

Any help will be appreciated.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Duplicated link Karma: 79  
Hello, this is good because it means that the plugin does its job well.

Indeed you are going to create a duplicated link for the K2 categories.

The fact that you change the name doesn't mean that you are not creating a duplicated link, but it means exactly the contrary. You are creating a duplicated link sociopolitical.html and vidayhogar.html linking the same page, the same K2 categories view.

The plugin correctly blocks and warns you, but this means also that the menu item is going to link exactly the same K2 categories. Because if Vida y Hogar changes the K2 categories chosen under 'Options' the link won't be more duplicated and the plugin will allow you to create the menu item.

If not, simply create a menu item of type 'Alias' accordingly and avoid the duplicated link.

Logged Logged  
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Duplicated link Karma: 0  
Hi and thanks for help out here. I got what you said. The issue is I'm not selecting the same categories under option. I'm selecting a new category I created in K2. Even If I change the Alias I'm still receiving the warning.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Changing the alias won't make any difference. Only changing the K2 category selected will make difference. If you have issue even changing the category, unpublish temporary the plugin to create that menu item.

Logged Logged  
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Duplicated link Karma: 0  
I disable the extension but noting happened.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Not sure what you mean and what should happen.
I simply meant to disable the plugin and create the menu item for K2 categories that you are trying to create.

Logged Logged  
Go to top