J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
How to submit precached sitemap? (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How to submit precached sitemap?
P2 Footwear bvba BE0819383645
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
How to submit precached sitemap? Karma: 0  
Hello,

I'm using a vm 2.6.12 (currently last version) and 2.5.27 Joomla installation. I have 1800 products in the VM store and creating a sitemap causes a server timeout. I've set everything to make a precached sitemap and I see the precached sitemap appear in the folder /components/com_jmap/precache

but...

the link for the xml images sitemap by default says "https://www.mydomain.com/nl/component/jmap/sitemap/images" with the green box next to it saying "precached" and when submitting that sitemap I only get a sitemap of image links 50 links. A cached file is created "live" that stops at 50 (set up like this to avoid the time outs).

So ... every time I submit a sitemap no precached file is moved to cache or the live update. Do I need to manually move the sitemap file from /components/com_jmap/precache to a folder accessible for search engines or am I missing a point?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
P2 Footwear bvba BE0819383645
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:How to submit precached sitemap? Karma: 0  
correction ... apparently only occuring with my default language

the second and third language of the shop have their images sitemap setup correctly from the start. The default language always has its sitemap created live while a precached sitemap is available.

It only occurs when I have the SEF url for sitemaps activated. The extended original url works fine. I suppose this is a problem with my htaccess file or url forwarding of the default language.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:How to submit precached sitemap? Karma: 79  
Hello,

yes from your description it looks like a problem on routing of URLs....
by the way when you use precaching you don't have to move any files, they are stored on a cache server folder but are managed automatically.

You have to submit always the same link for the sitemap, https://www.mydomain.com/nl/component/jmap/sitemap/images

then it will be the component that will use the precached file instead of generating the sitemap in realtime.

If you have issues using SEF version of links you can safely use the raw links as by default.

John

Logged Logged  
Go to top