J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Image SiteMap Blocked From Robots.txt (WebMaster) (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Image SiteMap Blocked From Robots.txt (WebMaster)
TechValue.net
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:Image SiteMap Blocked From Robots.txt (WebMaster) Karma: 0  
ok i just added you, are you in?

I also just removed some lines from htaccess which was from previous sitemap plugin. (I removed it from joomla extensions before i install Jsitemap pro) sorry about that.

I resubmited the image maps (20min ago) and for now i can't see any warings but only 1 image is indexed. wired.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Image SiteMap Blocked From Robots.txt (WebMaster) Karma: 79  
Ok,

however i logged in and now see that Google doesn't report any images blocked by robots.txt.
By the way if the images were blocked it was not for robots, because it was ok.

I submitted also alternative links for sitemap SEF rewritten, just to ensure that Google doesn't use cache and to force a new fetch of sitemaps.

Now we should wait a couple of days to check if Google indexes everything correctly.

As a final thought, ensure your web hosting is not using some firewalls or similar technologies that block bots, this could be the reason for URLs blocked instead of robots.

Logged Logged  
TechValue.net
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Ok, Many thanks for your support

Do you know how long we have to wait to see if everything works?

I will contact my host today about this.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
I just had a look at Google Webmasters tools report, and i see that blocked url now is only 1: http://www.techvalue.net/plugins/system/googlerelauthor/assets/img/web_marketing.png

and this is ok because the 'plugins' folder is really disallowed in robots.txt, and this image couldbe easily excluded also from sitemap.

However the other images seems still not indexed, you can contact your host asking if something is blocking bots for access to images.

Logged Logged  
TechValue.net
Junior Boarder
User Offline
hi john,

My host is not blocking any bots or spiders.

Do you know how long i have to wait until sitemaps work properly?

Google is continue to map my website from random article tags and not from the real sitemap and bing doesn't map my site at all.

All i can see until now is that the sitemaps are not working and from day i installed the extension views and clicks are less in google search.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Hi,

i had a look at your GWT and the standard sitemaps are working correctly having links indexed and no warnings, and this is mainly important.

The problem arises only with images that are poorly indexed. If you host has no blocks for images, the problem could reside directly in Google criteria, for example images not interesting to be indexed, images already indexed, missing alt or title attribute, etc

By the way a filter to exclude images from folder 'plugins' should be added, so to avoid warnings. If you need my onsite assist, contact me at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it sending an account.

Of course views and clicks from search results to your site are not related to images not indexing. Moreover keep in mind that sitemaps are helpful for indexing links on websites, but to see any changes in search results the process requires months and involves a lot of other factors such as page ranks, backlinks, number of visits, etc. Submitting a sitemap doesn't mean that in few days Google has changed results for your site or that Bing maps your site.

John

Logged Logged  
Go to top