Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Need help with sitemap (just bought pro version) (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Need help with sitemap (just bought pro version)
Greg Zartman
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Need help with sitemap (just bought pro version) Karma: 0  
I just bought the pro version of jsitemap. I'm running the latest version of Joomla 2.5.

My current website uses a primary menu named "Top Menu." For my html sitemap (in jsitemap), should I just use the top menu as my data source? If I use the jsitemap default, then it grabs every blog category (which is how I'm organizing my content) on my website, but in no particular order.

If I use just the "Top Menu" as my primary datasource, jsitemap shows me an html sitemap that looks just like my main menu. However, I don't know if this is how the sitemap file is supposed to work. Do I want my sitemap file to mirror my primary menu or let jsitemap just grab everything with the default settings?

Thanks.

Greg

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Need help with sitemap (just bought pro version) Karma: 79  
Hi Greg,

the data source of type 'menu' is intended to build the exact structure of menus used in your site.
In this way the sitemap will contain the structure for menus, and of course this should be the basic structure required for a sitemap.

You can add more elements to sitemap using the data source of type 'content' if you have a lot of articles to include in sitemap and you can create additional data sources of type 'user' to grab data from 3PD extensions.

By the way the data source for menu and content are separated and also in sitemap they get rendered as independent tree structure.

If you need help configuring settings on site contact me.

Best regards

John

Logged Logged  
Greg Zartman
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Need help with sitemap (just bought pro version) Karma: 0  
Thank you very much John.

What is the proper (recommended) way too create sittemap? Just from the 'menu' type or also include all content pages as well. I have a fairly basic site: www.leiengineering.com

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Need help with sitemap (just bought pro version) Karma: 79  
I had a look at your site Greg, by including also content links and not only menu, you ensure Google indexing all single contents on your site so having better results for SEO.

Logged Logged  
Go to top