Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Is it possible to create a Video Sitemap for Google with JSitemap Pro ? (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Is it possible to create a Video Sitemap for Google with JSitemap Pro ?
Derek Moran
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Is it possible to create a Video Sitemap for Google with JSitemap Pro ? Karma: 0  
Hi there

Firstly I would like to thank you for one of the best Joomla Extensions on Earth. Before JSitemap Pro it was a nightmare to keep my sitemap up to date and accurate. JSP removed all my stress.

I would like to know if it is possible to create a Video Sitemap using JSitemap Pro ?

Google Webmasters has a few articles on this topic here:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/156442?hl=en&topic=2370565&ctx=topic
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/80472

Most of my website contains embedded video and I would like to get Google to show thumbnails for these videos in the search results. I realize that I also have to add Mark Up to all my Videos with Schema.org for this to happen. Creating a Video Sitemap is part of the puzzle.

I'm also wondering if there might be an alternative solution and I can simply add extra "video mark up fields" to my existing sitemap ? I know I have a lot more research to complete on this topic, but I thought asking here would be a good starting point.

Regards
Derek

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Is it possible to create a Video Sitemap for Google with JSitemap Pro ? Karma: 79  
Hello Derek and thank you very much

We thought a lot about creating video sitemaps, but unfortunately it seems not reliable trying to generate them automatically mainly because videos need a lot of meta informations for the sitemap that are in most cases not available in the HTML.

Probably in some next version of JSitemap we'll try to develop a system to generate a video sitemap using a record l ist in backend to manage video links and meta tags, this seems a bit better solution.

Best regards

John

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top