Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Image SiteMap Blocked From Robots.txt (WebMaster) (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Image SiteMap Blocked From Robots.txt (WebMaster)
TechValue.net
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:Image SiteMap Blocked From Robots.txt (WebMaster) Karma: 0  
Yes you are right it takes time i know.

I just don't undrestand. My sitemap is been indexed almost 95% from google but at google search you olny see tags (check the image)

Why google doesn't use my indexed sitemap from articles categories or the main menu?

Edit: I am using alt description for images more than 60%.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Image SiteMap Blocked From Robots.txt (WebMaster) Karma: 79  
What type of search do you do to get that results?

And what exactly are 'tags' ? The main blue title usually for Google is represented by title element in your pages

By the way, sitemaps effect are not immediate and as is stated by Google itself a sitemap affects very marginally the ranking in search results.

Here you find a complete list of all factors used by Google for ranking in searc results: http://backlinko.com/google-ranking-factors

The only thing you can do with sitemap, is indicate a higher priority to elements. This should help Google to understand what are the most important links on your site

Logged Logged  
TechValue.net
Junior Boarder
User Offline
I am searching for Techvalue.net or www.techvalue.net

Check this for tags. http://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:How_To_Use_Content_Tags_in_Joomla!

ok look, I use article categories. Like Smartphones, tablet, apps, reviews etc.. but i want my user to navigate easily in the site, so i have to use tags. Like Nexus, LG, Samsung, and i used them like a tree, like this.

-GR
--LG
---LG G 2
---LG G 3
--Sony
---Sony Xperia SP

-EN
--LG
---LG G 2
---LG G 3

all this are tags.

This is a well organized tag article. http://www.techvalue.net/index.php/tech4all/67-zopo-zp700-hdr?hitcount=0 you can see ZOPO and ZOPO ZP700 as tags.

A well organized site is always using tags.

John i will give you access so you can optimise the sitemap. Thanks for your patient with me

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
When i do search for 'Techvalue.net' i don't get tags in search results.

See below results.

By the way tags links can cause a lot of problems for Google indexing,
see this:

Code:

<a href="/index.php/component/tags/tag/2-zopo-zp700-gr" class="label label-info">Zopo ZP700</a>
it's a valid tag and Google accept it. It would be better use a nofollow.

Logged Logged  
TechValue.net
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Use nofollow for tags it's a very bad tactic.

Thats why i want to use sitemap so google can know... ok maybe it takes time but i want this to work.

The plan is: if someone search for Nexus 4 for example, will probably see the Nexus 4 tag in search result, with all the articles listed (inside the site) about Nexus 4 and NOT just a sinlge article.

Tags can not be ignored from search results.

Google Knows what tags are and how they work on joomla.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
For Google tags links are common links nothing more. There are no meta informations for tags. And sadly nobody has control on Google SERP.
I'm sorry i've to say what i'm going to say but i've to do.
Don't take Joomla too seriously for SEO. Because Joomla has a lot of errors, problems and it's an old story that Joomla is not good at SEO. Take for example the pagination links, they are fully bugged also in J3.3, using pagination non-SEF parameter for canonical links. Unacceptable error.

Now 2 examples.

1) You install Joomla 3, cool! Joomla 3 has tags, so let's go to enable tags so all users will be able to search contents using tags. Cool! All users that visits your site like tags a lot! And every user makes 10 clicks per visit on tags links and only 2 on links in the main menu. Now question: what do you that will be the links that Google will show firstly in SERP? Well... sadly of course tags links.

2) To make things even worse, look at source code for tags links pages in your site:
Code:

http://www.techvalue.net/index.php/en/component/tags/tag/182-google-camera http://www.techvalue.net/index.php/component/tags/tag/3-zopo-gr http://www.techvalue.net/index.php/component/tags/tag/2-zopo-zp700-gr
First of all they are not fully SEF and look ugly having 'component/tags', but even worse.... they have all the same title! That indeed is not a title but only the site name:
Code:

<title>TechValue.net</title>
This means that Google is free to show an arbitrary title in SERP for these links. Results: tags links are the most important links in my site and all have the same titles... very very bad. Now sitemaps. Sitemaps are meant to submit a bunch of links to Google and say: 'Hey These are links in my site , place them into your index and use it as you think it's better when users make searches'. Sitemaps can do quite nothing to manipulate SERP, as i said the only factor is the priority variable that helps Google to understand the most important links in your site. Of course Google is free to don't believe that, if you have 100 clicks on tags and 10 on main menu. Finally, look at this site....left menu, 'CATEGORIES'. Well i'm bit liar. That's not a menu. These are tags, Have you ever thought that were tags? Now try to open the links and look at source code and titles. All the tags have a well formed page with custom descriptive titles. Of course this site is built on a fork of Joomla with a lot of errors corrected. SEO is an ugly beast!

Logged Logged  
Go to top