Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Jsitemap configuration pro + sh404SEF (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Jsitemap configuration pro + sh404SEF
didier.auss
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Jsitemap configuration pro + sh404SEF Karma: 0  
Hello,
I know but I use joomla for the first time these two plugins. I would not make a mistake that would present a problem referencing ...
and I have a doubt and it's not clear to me

I work mod_rewritting via .htaccess

Jsitemap Pro:
So I, I think, correctly set Jsitemap pro; I created a sitemap main menu and I get such a kind of url: http://mon-domaine.com/alias-menu/alia-my-article.html

Sh404SEF:
I activated the plugin. I paid attention to parametrage with Jsitemap pro (Explanatory Note).
The URLs are generated following types: http://mon-domaine.com/alias-categorie-1/alias-catlegorie-2/alia-my-article.html
(Which is better in terms of referencing)

My question:
I am now left with 2 different urls pointing at herself location.
Is it okay to do like that?
Should we do a redirect url 303 "Jsitemap" to urls generated via "Sh404 sef?"
Should we write a canonical URL via sh404SEF?

I also have in my articles in relative urls under the model of Joomla (Jsitemap). Should we write them as urls "sh404SEF." example to understand me

<a href="/alias-menu/alia-my-article.html "> -> <a href="/alias-category-1/alias-catlegorie-2/alia-my-article.html">

I hope I ccompréhensible in my application. I know this is a bit beyond the scope of Jsitemap but it is related ...

PS: My English is not very good, be kind!

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Jsitemap configuration pro + sh404SEF Karma: 79  
Hello Didier,

mostly this aspect is managed exclusively by sh404sef that is the engine for Joomla links genaration.
JSitemap is not an extension that generates links itself, but only an extension that use the current SEF extension as explained here: http://storejextensions.org/faq/does-jsitemap-generate-urls-or-is-responsible-for-that.html

If you are using sh404sef aliases, it's likely sh404sef already does automatically a 301 or 303 redirects between the 2 versions of links, but this is managed internaly by sh404sef itself thus you don't need extra operations.
It could also be a good practice for SEO specifcy a canonical link in the sh404sef parameters if you have duplicated links.

PS: if you want me to have a look at your website backend to check your configuration contact me directly at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

Best regards
John

Logged Logged  
didier.auss
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Jsitemap configuration pro + sh404SEF Karma: 0  
Hello John,

Thank you for your quick response and assistance you want to make me!

First I would like to finish congurer all and then I come back to you ...

For further information:
I did not "alias SH404SEF" (for the moment). I only "alias JOOMLA!"
I have not duplicated link. I just have a difference between the links "native joomla" (which are in the sitemap generated JSitemap) and links generated by SH404SEF. As I have explained to you in my previous post.

I understand that JSitemap does not generate links and supports only the links generated by Joomla.

I understand, I send the XML file generated by JSitemap to search engines independently of SH404SEF

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Jsitemap configuration pro + sh404SEF Karma: 79  
Dear Didier,

happy to help if i can.
About links, i know that sh404sef generates different links from Joomla when aliases are used. However sh404sef manages redirects 303 automatically.

You can email me.

Have a nice weekend

John

Logged Logged  
Go to top