Please Login to access forum.
Admin Module Display (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Admin Module Display
Dave
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Admin Module Display Karma: 0  
Hello, not that this is a big deal but my client had admin rights to the backend and the module shows up but they can't access it.

Is there any way to simply hide it from all but super admin? I tried some permissions but no luck.

Again, no biggie, once they know it's not like they will be trying to open it. Just being curious.

Thanks

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Admin Module Display Karma: 79  
Hello Dave,

do you mean the admin module that shows links to JSitemap and version update status?

If yes, it's a normal Joomla admin module that you can rule using access levels.

John

Logged Logged  
Dave
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Admin Module Display Karma: 0  
Odd, I have it set to special and every group but admin and super admin as denied but it remains. I even changed it in the component itself.

I don't see a view option in the ACL.

Not sure what I am missing.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
The ACL of Joomla is a bit tricky
The component itself however doesn't relate to ACL of this module... it's just a normal Joomla module like others... if it's set as special, then super admin should be able to see it... maybe it would be better create a new access level for the module assigning only super users.

Logged Logged  
Dave
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Admin Module Display Karma: 0  
I know ACL is not fun. I use ACL Manager which really helps a LOT! I have every access level set to block/denied.

Not sure how to create a special level.

Not really a big deal, it's the only module that won't listen.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
I'm wondering if using ACL manager it's only able to manage modules for Joomla frontend and not backend... but i've never used it.

using the Joomla native ACL you find the list of access levels, you can easily add one more and assign only the super users group to the new access level. After that assign the new access level to the admin module and voila.

John

Logged Logged  
Go to top