Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Google Webmaster showing more links in sitemap then there really is (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Google Webmaster showing more links in sitemap then there really is
Artem Popov
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Google Webmaster showing more links in sitemap then there really is Karma: 0  
Hi guys.

Was using Xmap before and just moved to Jsitemap Pro.
When I go to show formatted XML site map in the control panel it shows I have 19 links in my site map which is the correct number but when I submit the XML site link to Google Webmaster Tools it shows that my site map has 27 links???

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Google Webmaster showing more links in sitemap then there really is Karma: 79  
Hi Artem,

it could be a problem due to the cache of Google Webmasters Tools.
To force GWT to refresh the cache, you can try to enable the parameters shown in the picture and submit again links for the sitemap using for example the SEF alternate version and the random parameter. This should ensure that Google will refresh a new fetch of the sitemap.

John

Logged Logged  
Artem Popov
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Google Webmaster showing more links in sitemap then there really is Karma: 0  
this helped a bit but the sitemap in google webmaster is till showing that i have 2 extra links .

Also my sitemap has not been indexed for some reason. it has been a couple of weeks now and it still says processed but it does not index the sitemap.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Google Webmaster showing more links in sitemap then there really is Karma: 79  
In this case ensure that the Google bot is not blocked in any way to access the site and the sitemap. If it's still pending it looks like the Google bot can't reach it. Normally the sitemap is crawled and indexed in about 2 days, and the number of links is reported instantly when you submit it.

Contact me by email if you need assist in Google Webmasters Tools or if you need a SEO expert.

Greetings,
John

Logged Logged  
Go to top