Please Login to access forum.
Re:XML processing fault (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:XML processing fault
Paul Hayward
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:XML processing fault Karma: 0  
I am having a similar problem after upgrading to Joomla 3.4.1 with JSiteMap Pro 3.2. The raw and formatted versions of XML sitemap are not being displayed properly - i.e. they are not being formatted. I tried the solution of changing Configuration > Advanced Settings > Resources Limit Management to Server Mode. This does not work until I clear the system cache. I then get properly formatted sitemaps. But the next time I try to display a sitemap, it is unformatted again - until I clear the system cache again. Is this a little bug in JSitemap Pro, or is there a way to configure it so that this error does not happen?

Paul

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:XML processing fault Karma: 79  
Hello Paul,

This probably happens because the Joomla cache plugin is active.
When the cache plugin is active the xml after caching results in a plain string because Joomla doesn't output the xml http headers.

However that's ok because it makes no difference for search engines bots.

John

Logged Logged  
Boomgaarden Klaus
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Hello again John,

I get a message in Google Webmaster Tools: "This Website uses 38 ressources, which are blocked from the robots.txt-file. (picture attached)

How can I manage this problem with JSitemap PRO? My website: http://agentur-komet.de

Furthermore I get a message that my website is nit mobile friendly, but I use Joomla 3.4 and a responsive template. I read that you have to allow templates in the robots.txt-file to solve this problem. Is ist right and where can I edit this in JSitemap PRO?

Best Regards
Klaus

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Hello Klaus,

if you are running the Google Mobile firendly test AFTER an upgrade to Joomla 3.4, the templates folder will be still blocked in the robots.txt.

if you are using JSitemap Pro you can easily edit the robots.txt and remove the Disallow rule for the 'templates' folder, allowing the google bot to access properly resources also for the mobile friendly test. keep in mind that after editing it Google will need some days to refresh the robots.
In the attachment click to open the edit screen of the robots.txt, remove the highlighted line for 'templates' and save.

best regards

John

Logged Logged  
Boomgaarden Klaus
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Hello John,

thank you, I removed ´templates` in robots.txt and now the website is mobile friendly for google.

Nevertheless Google reports "This Website uses 17 ressources, which are blocked from the robots.txt-file." (picture attached).

Do you know how I can solve this?

Best regards
Klaus

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Hello Klaus, the principle is still the same. You can identify the folder in which the blocked resources are located and remove the disallow from the robots. Probably they are resources from components or modules. As soon as they are not effective for the mobile you can also leave them as inaccessible to google.

john

Logged Logged  
Go to top