Re:Strange sitemap pages. (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Strange sitemap pages.
Carolyn Baggoo
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Strange sitemap pages. Karma: 0  
Hello,
With the sitemap I am submitting to Google, I am getting a lot of pages with blank content.

What am I doing wrong?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Strange sitemap pages. Karma: 79  
Hello Carolyn,

each page contained in the sitemap is a page contained in the website.
If you have pages with blank contents the problem looks more on the site than in the sitemap.

However post here more details and links about your site, blank links and sitemap and i will have a look.

Cheers,
John

Logged Logged  
Carolyn Baggoo
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Strange sitemap pages. Karma: 0  
Is there a way I can edit this sitemap? I think it is picking up modules as it is assigning numbers into the url. Like this.. https://www.cadlink.com/index.php/en/190-products-e-store/filmmaker/filmmaker-v4/filmmaker-download-brochure/192-filmmaker-download-brochure

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
A sitemap can be configured to exclude elements from menu, contents, etc
It can also be exported as XML and edited manually.

But i've still not understood exactly the problem so i don't know how to help you.

Logged Logged  
Carolyn Baggoo
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Strange sitemap pages. Karma: 0  
It is assigning numbers into the url.. https://www.cadlink.com/index.php/en/190-products-e-store/filmmaker/filmmaker-v4/filmmaker-download-brochure/192-filmmaker-download-brochure

Here is my raw xml.. https://www.cadlink.com/index.php/en/?option=com_jmap&view=sitemap&format=xml&lang=en

I can not load an xml file to Google. It only wants a url link to where it resides. And sadly I do not have access to the core files via ftp. (access level issue) If there is a setting within your extension that allows me to remove some links.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Ok Carolyn,

about Google, you can't upload files of course, it needs only the URL of the XML sitemap.
In your case you have only to submit 'index.php?option=com_jmap&view=sitemap&format=xml&lang=en' in the text field for sitemaps in Google Webmasters tools.

About wrong links, i need to know from which component they get generated. By default the sitemap includes menu and contents, but can be configured also for third party extensions.

If those links come from 'content' data source simply unpublish it or exclude categories using settings.

Logged Logged  
Go to top