J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Can't change the name of a menu (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Can't change the name of a menu
Pulsar Informatique
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
[SOLVED]Can't change the name of a menu Karma: 0  
Hi

I have two issues now:

1- when I change the name of a menu in the Joomla standard menu managment system, the menues shown in the Jsitemap Data Sources remain the same. As a result the new renamed menu doesn't appear in the front site jsitemap

2- In the Jsitemap Data Sources I can't select one item (there is no checkbox in front of each item) to delete it and ask Jsitemap to refresh from the JoomlaDatabase. I can see the 'duplicate' 'edit' or 'delete' buttons on the top but when I try to press it I get the error message 'please select one item'

thanks

cyril

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Can't change the name of a menu Karma: 79  
Hello Cyril,

the menu data sources are synced automatically, the checkbox is not present to delete them see this forum thread also: http://storejextensions.org/forum/view/10-jsitemap/308-checkbox-problem.html

The 'content' data source has the checkbox if you enable the multiple content data source option in the jsitemap configuration. Menu data sources can be simply published/unpublished and are synced automatically when you create/edit/delete them in Joomla.

If you don't reflect a name change for a menu, ensure tho have reloaded the control panel of jsitemap after that the menu name has changed. There is where sync is done.
However you can override the name of the menu used in the sitemap in frontend, there is the field 'title' for each data source where you can specify a different name used for the sitemap containing folder.

Thanks,

John

Logged Logged  
Pulsar Informatique
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Can't change the name of a menu Karma: 0  
Hello John

Thanks for both answers. Actually there is no resync in the Jsitemap data source. The menues are not updated.

In the Jsitemap I even have a red error just after I changed one menu name ("Menu principal Anglais" into "English main menu"

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'hotes','Menu acce...

Everything goes back to normal when I renamed the menu as it was before

thanks

cyril

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Hello Cyril,

it looks like a problem in the SQL query based on menu names. Please post me the edition and version of JSitemap that you purchased and you are running, it looks like a problem present in an old version of JSitemap that has been solved since many months.

John

Logged Logged  
Pulsar Informatique
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Can't change the name of a menu Karma: 0  
Hi

It's true this is a 2.3.3 pro jsitemap.

thanks

cyril

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
The version is old, this issue with menu names has been solved in newer versions.

Thanks

Logged Logged  
Go to top