Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Sorry - this event cannot be viewed using the link provided. (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Sorry - this event cannot be viewed using the link provided.
Petra Webstein
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Sorry - this event cannot be viewed using the link provided. Karma: 0  
Sorry - this event cannot be viewed using the link provided. Its possible the item may have been updated while you have been viewing the webpage.

I have created a standard dataset through the wizard displaying JEvents. All went smooth, I can see the events listed in the sitemap. However when I click on one of the events, the above error message appears.

I would also like to implement the Managed Location of JEvents. There was a thread about this but I don't know if there is a solution found.

Thank you

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Sorry - this event cannot be viewed using the link provided. Karma: 79  
Hi Petra,

about the error message from JEvents, i should understand if the problem is due to the links generated in the sitemap. Cmparing those sitemap links to the one of JEvents it's possible to understand if some different parameters could cause this in the JEvents page.

Eventually contact me at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
I've not experience about the Managed Location of JEvents, you can explain this in more details.

Thank you

Logged Logged  
Petra Webstein
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Sorry - this event cannot be viewed using the link provided. Karma: 0  
Hi John

Ok, lets compare the two url that are generated through JEvents and then the same through JSitemap:

JEVENTS: http://holisticevents.com.au/search-events/show-all-events/icalrepeat.detail/2015/06/05/176/-/horses-meet-people

JSITEMAP: http://holisticevents.com.au/component/jevents/icalrepeat.detail/2015/06/04/22/-/horses-meet-people (the link in JSitemap) then going to when link is clicked http://holisticevents.com.au/search-events/show-all-events/year.listevents/2015/06/10/]

Events Managed Locations is a database that captures the data about the location of the venues. So basically we could display one venue and all the events that are taking place in that venue would be listed underneath.
It would be just fantastic to supply this data to the search engines as well.

Thanks for your help

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Sorry - this event cannot be viewed using the link provided. Karma: 79  
Hi Petra,

thanks for your details i understood something more.

I noticed 2 problems:
1. the alias is not configured in the URLs
2. the problem seems to be due to the ID of the events used for links, probably related to repeated events in JEvents

Thanks,

John

Logged Logged  
Go to top