J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Displaying all subcategories and articles for a given category (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Displaying all subcategories and articles for a given category
Erick Paulino
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
[SOLVED]Displaying all subcategories and articles for a given category Karma: 0  
Hello,

I am trying to use the JSitemap module as a navigation menu for categories. I am trying to set up a dataset to bring all subcategories and articles in the default sitemap template, but ONLY for a given category. I have tried two different data sources:

1. Content. That brings a sitemap just like the way I want, but for the whole site. I want to be able to choose a category.

2. Menu item. That doesn't work at all as I have to manually create every menu item (some categories have several articles).

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Erick

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Displaying all subcategories and articles for a given category Karma: 79  
Hello Erick,

i think that easiest way to do this in your case is using the content data source (solution 1) to which you can apply filtering by category, take care that inside the data source settings you find exclusions filter for categories.

If you want to have different sitemaps you can also choose to use a different 'content' data source.

Under the component configuration you find a parameter to enable the duplication of the 'content' data source (see image). Thus you can duplicate it in the data sources list, apply filters by category as you need and use it only for the module navigation selecting it under module settings.

Greetings,
John

Logged Logged  
Erick Paulino
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Displaying all subcategories and articles for a given category Karma: 0  
Hello John,

That was exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much!

Logged Logged  
Go to top