Re:Basic Help Please (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Basic Help Please
NAS
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Basic Help Please Karma: 0  
Argh... I'm a little overwhelmed.

Would anyone be willing to walk me through the 1, 2, 3 basics of how to create an image sitemap to submit to google.

I installed the JSitemap component on my Joomla 2.5 site (with Virtuemart 2.6) and exported the Image XML sitemap file. Sent it to google ,etc. Over a week later, google images still does not show any of my product images. Some images from the homepage are popping up, and some .pdf images (there is a button on product detail pages to view them as a pdf) are popping up, but non of the regular product images. All images have full titles, alt tags, meta descriptions, etc.

I had already deleted the robot.txt line regarding disallowing images (came with template purchased from TemplateMonster.com), and that helped a little with regards to the few images from the homepage showing up.

I just now completely deleted the rest of the robot.txt, just in case that was preventing something from showing without me knowing. However, the fetch and render in google webmaster tools showed that googlebots were in fact able to see the full product images. So I'm not sure robots.txt was even contributing to the problem.

Also, when JSitemap created the images sitemap for me, I noticed that it only included images that had been resized for the thumbnails shown in my virtuemart categories, but did not include the full size images.

I'm a novice here and could really use any advice possible to help me get these product images picked up by google/bing, etc.

THANK YOU to anyone willing to offer nuggets of wisdom to me.

The website is ordersafety.com

Sincerely,
Alina

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Basic Help Please Karma: 79  
Hi Alina!

No problem i would be happy to help you, first of all i need to check the configuration of Joomla, Virtuemart and JSitemap.

Sincerely,
John

Logged Logged  
NAS
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Basic Help Please Karma: 0  
Thank you, I'll email you now!

Logged Logged  
Go to top