J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Does using multiple sitemaps from various sources have any impact on the website? (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Does using multiple sitemaps from various sources have any impact on the website?
webooster
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Does using multiple sitemaps from various sources have any impact on the website? Karma: 0  
Hi John.

I was wondering if I only need to use Jsitemap pro alone or can I use multiple sitemaps from different components to enhance my ranking?

I have a previous subscription from RSSEO and Attracta.com. I noticed that the sitemaps are in different sub-directories. Does it have any impact on the rankings since the google bots will be retrieving the sitemaps from different sub-directories? What is your advice? Should I continue to use ALL the sitemap tools I have?

I have also noticed that RSSEO includes the main domain name into their sitemap, whereas I am not able to find my main domain name in the Jsitemap Pro's search engine metainfo. I would like the search engines to look for my main domain name too. How do I include that?

Thanks.

Irwin

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Does using multiple sitemaps from various sources have any impact on the website? Karma: 79  
Hi Irwin,

you can maintain multiple sitemaps, of course links contained in the different sitemaps should be almost the same. The SEO impact should not have variations using 1 or more sitemaps, but search engines accept so many sitemaps that you want thus this is not a problem.

Not sure what you mean about the main domain, sitemaps include links and JSitemap includes links for the domain of your site as it's generated on.

John

Logged Logged  
webooster
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Does using multiple sitemaps from various sources have any impact on the website? Karma: 0  
Thanks John.

That helps. I have seen some websites with multiple links appearing in a google search for a query whereas mine only appears once even though it has multiple pages in the category for the query. I figure out that perhaps they are using multiple sitemaps.

For the second question. I am unable to find my index page in the Jsitemap pro sitemap. I suppose it's because I did not configure the Jsitemap pro to include the menu buttons in the sitemap.

Cheers.
Irwin

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Does using multiple sitemaps from various sources have any impact on the website? Karma: 79  
Hi Irwin,

the google search results are normally unrelated to sitemaps.

The second question, if with index page you mean 'home page' i guess that it's assigned to a menu and a data source for this menu must be published in the jsitemap list to have it included.

Cheers,
John

Logged Logged  
Go to top