Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Sitemap creation kicks server down (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Sitemap creation kicks server down
Mksmedia
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Sitemap creation kicks server down Karma: 0  
Hello,

J1.5+Virtumart with 3000 products is working fine but newer J2.5+Virtuemart with 6000 products causes the server to time out or go down. Sitemap is created without a problem when menu and content is mapped, but if I add there even only Virtuemart Categories the server goes down. There are not so many categories that it could cause much load to the server.
I wonder could it be a problem how the wizard has created the auto generated SQL Query?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Sitemap creation kicks server down Karma: 79  
Hello,

i should understand better what it means 'server goes down', i mean timeout, memory limit exceeded, etc, in most cases this happens when sitemap contains too much links to be processed in a single operation compared to server resources. But this usually happens when sitemap contains 20000 or 30000 links at minimum.

If you experiment issue with only the virtuemart categories it souds weird, eventually contact me at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it to send me credentials to have a deeper look.
The SQL generated query is standard, so i don't think it could be the problem.

Best regards

John

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top