J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:format-Parsererror: 200- SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSO (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:format-Parsererror: 200- SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSO
David
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:format-Parsererror: 200- SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSO Karma: 0  
I had a look in the hosting server and found the following issue in ModSecurity.

Rule 98127: Detects MySQL comment -/space - obfuscated injections and backtick termination

2015-09-27 10:06:34 www.rootdamage.com 58.xxx.xxx.xx (my IP) CRITICAL 302

Request:
GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_jmap&task=ajaxserver.display&format=json&data=%7B%22idtask%22%3A%22fetchSeoStats%22%2C%22template%22%3A%22json%22%2C%22param%22%3A%7B%7D%7D

Action Description:
Access denied with redirection to http://www.rootdamage.com/ using status 302 (phase 2).

Justification:
Pattern match "(?i?:,.*?[)\\da-f\"'`][\"'`](?:[\"'`].*?[\"'`]|\\Z|[^\"'`]+))|(?:\\Wselect.+\\W*?from)|((?elect|create|rename|truncate|load|alter|delete|update|insert|desc)\\s*?\\(\\s*?space\\s*?\\())" at ARGS:data.

I think this is one for you as I cannot change the ModSecurity rules?

Regards
David

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:format-Parsererror: 200- SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSO Karma: 79  
It looks like the explanation to the problem.

I don't know if you can change or disable it, or eventually add an exception.

regards

John

Logged Logged  
David
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:format-Parsererror: 200- SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSO Karma: 0  
Hi John,

I shall look at seeing if I can put an exception in for this one but not hopeful. My questions are:
1. What does this affect if I don't allow an exception:
2. Why are you not hitting this elsewhere as the ModSecurity rules are fairly vanilla. In other words, have others already figured out a way to handle this (hopefully they are reading this thread!).

Regards
David

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:format-Parsererror: 200- SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSO Karma: 79  
Hi David,

your questions:

1. If you are not able to configure the ModSecurity it's not a problem for the component working mode. Simply the SEO stats in the control panel won't be retrieved. In this case disable this feature in the configuration as shown in the image below.

2. Not sure to understand... this kind of URLs seems blocked by the ModSecurity but there are no alternatives to hit to fetch data. I remember that another user fixed it asking to the hosting provider, eventually i could ask them how they did it.

Regards
John

Logged Logged  
David
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Thanks John.
I would be interested in knowing what the other user did to handle this issue.

Thank you very much for sticking with this issue, I really appreciate your help.

Regards
David

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Thanks David, do the possible to help

I will try to post to the other user asking some informations.

Have a nice weeknd!

John

Logged Logged  
Go to top