Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Error installing component (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Error installing component
Peter Fulopp
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Error installing component Karma: 0  
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to update my jsitemap pro to version 3.7 but I get the following error message:
"Error installing component" and "Warning: Copy file failed"
I'm suspecting that there are some file permission issues. Is there a list of files that need to be writeable (in addition to standard that joomla requires) to be able to upgrade?
Thanks in advance
Pete

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Error installing component Karma: 79  
Hi Pete.

Yes it's a problem related to the Joomla installer and folder permissions, please have a look at this FAQ for more informations: http://storejextensions.org/faq/i-receive-an-installation-error-when-installing-component-what-could-be-the-problem.html

Best regards
John

Logged Logged  
Peter Fulopp
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Error installing component Karma: 0  
Hi John,
Thanks for the quick reply. All my directories listed in Joomla's system information are writable but still no luck updating the component. The funny thing is that I'm actually able to install new components, only having trouble when it comes to updating.
Any idea?
Best regards
Pete

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Error installing component Karma: 79  
Hi Pete,

yes that's very weird. If the folder 'tmp' is configured correctly and is writable normally this is all that Joomla needs to install/update extensions. Eventually check if folders used by already installed components are changed to be as not writable, this could explain why you can't write on them again to update.

For example JSitemap uses folders named:
-components/com_jmap
-administrator/components/com_jmap

Best regards
John

Logged Logged  
Peter Fulopp
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Error installing component Karma: 0  
I've tried the above but still no luck. I think the problem will be on my server's side as I've noticed that after initial installation some of the files have automatically become the property of the host and I can't change their attributes. I'm getting in touch with my host. Thanks for your fast support though.
Best regards,
Pete

Logged Logged  
Go to top