Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Unable to merge Joomla content with menu tree (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Unable to merge Joomla content with menu tree
Sparks Arts
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Unable to merge Joomla content with menu tree Karma: 0  
I have menu items linking to Joomla category blog and would like the articles to display in the sitemap in the menu tree under the menu link to its category. I see the setting "merge with the menu tree" in the Contact data source. When I set it to "Yes", the articles display in the sitemap in a separate tree of Joomla categories/articles. When I set it to "Yes, hide categories tree" the categories tree disappears, but the articles are gone, too - they aren't displayed as part of the menu tree.

The tooltip on "merge with the menu tree" setting says, "...It requires that both data source for 'categories' and 'items' are enabled and active in the sitemap and that the menu data source includes items linked to the single categories." So how do I do that? As far as I can tell, there's only one Content data source and no settings to make it just categories or just article items. In Configuration > Advanced Settings there is option to "enable multiple content data sources." If that's the way to make it work, how do I set it up so one content data source is for categories and the other for items??? I'm probably going about this all wrong!

Joomla 3.4.5
JSitemap 3.7 http://www.joomlajive.com/sitemap.html - this is a dev site on temporary staging server.

Thanks for helping me through this confusion!
Richard

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Unable to merge Joomla content with menu tree Karma: 79  
Hi Richard,

for the 'content' data source all that is required is activating "merge with the menu tree" to "yes"

The tooltip refers to third party data sources, this is not a problem for the 'content' source that already includes categories.

Of course the 'content' source must stay published in the sitemap to have it working. If the mapping between menu items and categories is correct it will work and content folders will be merged under menu items

If not there is probably some other reason thay i ignore at the moment.

John

Logged Logged  
Sparks Arts
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Unable to merge Joomla content with menu tree Karma: 0  
I tried a variety of setting combinations with no difference. I had some categories and articles excluded, tried removing the exclusion but articles that should appear under a menu category blog are still in a separate category tree.

Richard

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Unable to merge Joomla content with menu tree Karma: 79  

Logged Logged  
Go to top