Please Login to access forum.
Custom CSS for the module (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Custom CSS for the module
interGen
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Custom CSS for the module Karma: 0  
I am trying to apply custom styles to the module. However, the module is actually just an iframe calling in the sitemap from the component. Because of the iframe, changes to my template style sheet have no impact on the look of the module.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Custom CSS for the module Karma: 79  
Hi,

the iframe module uses the template component layout to render contents, commonly done in Joomla using the query string param '?tmpl=component'
If you want to style contents inside the iframe from the jsitemap component, you have 2 choices:

1. Check CSS files loaded by your template for the component layout, and check if your template has the file component.php supporting it. Probably a subset of CSS files will be loaded and you can pick one of them to customize.

2. Perform a full template override for the component layout as explained in the PDF docs at the paragraph 'Override HTML sitemap layout', this can apply to both HTML and CSS files.

Cheers,
John

Logged Logged  
interGen
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Custom CSS for the module Karma: 0  
Thanks for the quick response John. It seems straight forward. I should be able to run with it from here. I will let you know if I have any further questions.

Thanks again,
Brian

Logged Logged  
Dino
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Dear team,

I cant get it to work...

I did everything as explained on the PDF under "Override HTML sitemap layout", even enabled in 'Configuration'->'Sitemap aspect' the parameter 'Enable template override'

This is my folder structure:

Code:

/templates/myTemplateName/css/com_jmap/js/
and I am changing the css in the file jquery.treeview-basic.css because I picked the "Basic" sitemap template in the backend. Any ideas?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Custom CSS for the module Karma: 79  
So you have 2 CSS override files that must be edited to customize the sitemap layout:

<link href="/templates/yourTemplatename/css/com_jmap/js/jquery.treeview.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="/templates/yourTemplatename/css/com_jmap/js/jquery.treeview-basic.css" rel="stylesheet" />

Ensure that they are both in your page source code.

Logged Logged  
Dino
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
yes they are, i copied actually the whole folder as described in the docs

Logged Logged  
Go to top