Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Error when trying to install (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Error when trying to install
TurnTex Woodworks
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Error when trying to install Karma: 0  
I just purchased Jsitemap Pro for Joomla 3 and am trying to install it. I am installing through the normal Joomla installer and get the following warning message:

Warning
Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes. SQL=-- Updates on version 3.2 CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `dev3_jmap_metainfo` ( `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `linkurl` varchar(600) NOT NULL, `meta_title` text NULL, `meta_desc` text NULL, `robots` varchar(255) NULL, `published` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`), INDEX `linkurl` (`linkurl`), INDEX `robots` (`robots`), INDEX `published` (`published`) ) ENGINE=InnoDB CHARACTER SET `utf8`;

I then get an error message Error Installing Component. I have tried two times now. I am not new to Joomla! and have installed plenty of other extensions on this site. Any help would be appreciated to get this resolved and installed. I am trying to install version 3.8

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Error when trying to install Karma: 79  
Answered and solved by email.
There is a FAQ here for other users reading this post: http://storejextensions.org/faq/i-receive-an-installation-error-when-installing-component-what-could-be-the-problem.html

Logged Logged  
TurnTex Woodworks
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Error when trying to install Karma: 0  
I read that FAQ but none of it applies to me that I can see. I have installed many many extensions to this site with no issue so I know the folders are all proper and permissions are set properly. Your FAQ says "Check if you have installed a plugin named 'System - MightySites' and in such case unpublish it temporary before installing the component." I was already positive I did not have that plugin installed but checked anyway and no, I do not have it.

Kinda hard to claim the issue is solved until the extension is actually installed wouldn't you think!

Logged Logged  
TurnTex Woodworks
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Here is the latest...

I removed all tables created by Jsitemap in the database and removed the line for Jsitemap in the Extensions DB table. I cleared the server cache and then disabled ALL plugins on my site. Cleared cache again and tried to install again. Got the exact same error message as posted above. I don't know what else to do. Please help.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Error when trying to install Karma: 79  
No need to open multiple tickets by email and on the forum however.

The problem has been solved using the admin account provided by email, and as specified it was due to the limited setting of the MySql database available for index fields, so the problem was completely different from the one firstly claimed.

Logged Logged  
TurnTex Woodworks
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
I am sorry you find it a problem with me opening a forum topic and sending an e-mail. This is the first time I have dealt with you guys and have no idea how responsive your support is before sending it. I have dealt with HUNDREDS of Joomla! developers over the last 8 or so years and some are very responsive like you have been here and some you post a forum message and it gets ignored for days or weeks and some you send an e-mail and it never gets answered. I was trying to cover both of my bases since I had something that would not work and needed what I paid for. In the future, can you tell me how you prefer to be contacted with support questions?

I am just curious, you say I need to adjust something with my index fields. What is different about Jsitemap than the other MANY extensions I have installed on that site. I am not being snarky here, I am just curious to know and learn!

Logged Logged  
Go to top