Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Property handling from Google Webmaster & Analytics (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Property handling from Google Webmaster & Analytics
5kyy
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Property handling from Google Webmaster & Analytics Karma: 0  
Hello,

for testing, i connected a JSitemap with my Google Account.
In my Google Account i manage different client websites via Analytics and also Webmaster Tools.

JSitemap detected on the Testsite the correct domain, but its possible in the configuration to insert an other available website to show.

Is it possible that i setup JSitemap only have access to one or a specified property/site/domain?

Greets

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Property handling from Google Webmaster & Analytics Karma: 79  
Hello,

what you can do is specify a preferred domain for your Google account and retrieve stats for that.

Please see the FAQ: http://storejextensions.org/faq/why-the-google-analytics-integration-shows-stats-for-a-different-domain.html

Greetings

Logged Logged  
5kyy
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Property handling from Google Webmaster & Analytics Karma: 0  
Yes i found that.

But my clients also have super admin rights, and then they can insert on this point here an other domain and view the stats of other sites.

This is not really useful.

Can i use an own google app so i only allow this website access to its own data?
Or can i disallow other users to edit this fields?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Not sure to understand.

1. You can setup your own Google App, but this doesn't mean that Google supports one account mapped to one domain, the Google account used to login is what is taken into account to retrieve the list of domains. So you should have a Google account mapped only to the client domain.

2. Using ACL the JSitemap configuration can be disallowed of course. But if your client is Super User how can you hope to manage ACL for Joomla?

There are no other ways in my mind.

Logged Logged  
5kyy
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Property handling from Google Webmaster & Analytics Karma: 0  
Think you understood.

Due to this fact, when i manage with my google account more than this specific domains, its not very useful to combine it with JSitemap.

For this i have to setup an separate client google account which i configure in the jsitemap.

Thank you so far.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
PS: last suggestion. If are concerned to leave to your client an access to Google Analytics maybe you can prefer do this in frontend. Indeed this feature is available even as a frontend view linkable to a menu item.

The fact that you have all domains with your Google account is directly due to how the Google API works.

Logged Logged  
Go to top