J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Import metainfo not working correctly (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Import metainfo not working correctly
Rene Rodriguez
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Import metainfo not working correctly Karma: 0  
Hello-

Metadata info is not being stored by JSitemap Pro.

I've tried inputting the data manually, and it appeared to be working correctly only to have it disappear from the frontend when I logged out and log back into the backend of Joomla.

I've exported a .csv 'metainfo' file, and populated all the fields with my info. Then I imported back into metainfo dashboard and it worked until I logged out and log back into the backend of Joomla, then it disappeared like before.

I tried importing the file again into the metainfo dashboard, and although a prompt says the file has been saved, now nothing is being populated in the metainfo fields on the dashboard, they are all blank, and page browser titles on the front end are not populating with imported info.

Please help.

Thank you.

Rene

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Import metainfo not working correctly Karma: 79  
Hello Rene,

i'm under the impression that the problem is that you login in the backend using a changing domain.

Please refer to this forum thread: http://storejextensions.org/forum/view/10-jsitemap/4376-re-search-engine-metainfo-disappeared.html

Having metainfo data disappearing when you logout/login simply makes no sense.

John

Logged Logged  
Rene Rodriguez
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Import metainfo not working correctly Karma: 0  
Thanks John-

I had viewed that thread & indeed, that was part of the problem. However it didn't answer why metainfo was not appearing on the JSitemap dashboard after importing a csv file, which turned out to be a formatting error on my end when saving the csv file.

For anyone else viewing this thread- what I did was export the csv file from the dashboard and populated with metainfo for both www.domain.com & domain.com. Then when saving the file, you have to be sure to save it with semicolons as the field separator, not anything else (I had overlooked it & accidentally saved it with commas separating the fields). If you overlook this the file will be unreadable by Jsitemap.

After I did this, metainfo appeared on the dashboard for www.domain.com, and although I couldn't see the metainfo on the dashboard for domain.com, metainfo is seen on the frontend for both www.domain.com & domain.com.

Thanks again for the help.

Rene

Logged Logged  
Go to top