Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Import Search engines metainfo at start (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Import Search engines metainfo at start
Marcel
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Import Search engines metainfo at start Karma: 0  
Hello,

I am very pleased with JSitemap. However I have also installed RSseo (this was before I became aware of Jsitemap) and added all the meta data in RSseo. I actually want to switch fully to JSitemap but......

Wen I run the SEO Spider in JSitemap it shows all the data but the metadata in the Search engines metainfo dashboard is empty and should be added by hand. With more than hundred pages this is a lot of work! An (one time) import function would be fine and help. Even if you don't use an other extension, but just the metadata in the Joomla pages, an one time import function would be nice. Or automate a one time copying the data from the SEO Spider to the Search engines metainfo dashboard.

Maybe something for the next release?

Kind regards,
Marcel

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Import Search engines metainfo at start Karma: 79  
Hello,

firstly the Metainfo Dashboard must start empty because it's meant to be an override system only, see here: http://storejextensions.org/faq/opening-the-search-engines-metainfo-dashboard-it-s-empty-why.html

An one time import function is already present, there are buttons 'Import metanfo'/'Export metainfo' so you can prepare a properly formatted CVS file and import a bunch of data.

I will think a bit more about a copy data from the SEO spider to the Metainfo dashboard for the next release.

Kind regards
John

Logged Logged  
Marcel
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Import Search engines metainfo at start Karma: 0  
Hello John,

Thanks for the feedback.

Marcel

Logged Logged  
Go to top