Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Problems just started with new version of Jsitemap pro (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Problems just started with new version of Jsitemap pro
CW WebworX
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Problems just started with new version of Jsitemap pro Karma: 1  
Hi, On a joomla 3.51site the sitemap now returns a 404 not found error. We just updated to the newest version of JSitemapPro 4.2 and got the same error. We didn't change a thing. We haven't even upgraded to Joomla 3.6 yet. When we login to admin backend and go to your extension and select show html sitemap button it also gives 404 error.

Can you please help? What other info do you need?

Thanks!

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Problems just started with new version of Jsitemap pro Karma: 79  
Hi,

i exclude that the issue is due to the upgrade to JSitemap 4.2, most probably it was already present before.
Try to check if you have a third party extension that manage URL rewriting such as sh404sef or similar, i guess you have a problem with such a thing.
I already worked on your website http://www.crystalwind.ca/ in the past.

Regards,
John

Logged Logged  
CW WebworX
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:Problems just started with new version of Jsitemap pro Karma: 1  
Hi John,

Problem is not upgrade opf extension. Problem started before upgrade. I thought upgrade might fix. We are using no 3rd party SEF extensions of any sort. No Sh404sef on this site. This is not the site you worked on before.
Thank you for reply. Always fast support here!

John Dagelmore wrote:
QUOTE:
Hi,

i exclude that the issue is due to the upgrade to JSitemap 4.2, most probably it was already present before.
Try to check if you have a third party extension that manage URL rewriting such as sh404sef or similar, i guess you have a problem with such a thing.
I already worked on your website http://www.crystalwind.ca/ in the past.

Regards,
John

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Thank you!

I guess probably some external settings in a Joomla plugin, htaccess, server, etc throwing a 404 page and preventing access to the component.
However being on site tech support included for 1 domain/per each license, if you need me to work on this new site you have to get another license.

Best regards!
John

Logged Logged  
CW WebworX
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:Problems just started with new version of Jsitemap pro Karma: 1  
Thank you John. We are going to buy another license for this site. However, this customer wont pay for it until he sees all is working. I am sorry but until sitemap works I cannot buy another license. I trust your extensions but this is a new customer for us and they like to see that extensions work before paying.
I understand why you cannot help further.
Thank you.

John Dagelmore wrote:
QUOTE:
Thank you!

I guess probably some external settings in a Joomla plugin, htaccess, server, etc throwing a 404 page and preventing access to the component.
However being on site tech support included for 1 domain/per each license, if you need me to work on this new site you have to get another license.

Best regards!
John

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline

Logged Logged  
Go to top