Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Description and Keywords are not visible (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Description and Keywords are not visible
Planetdogs.org
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Description and Keywords are not visible Karma: 0  
I have trouble viewing Keywords and Description. When I go to the Home with Firebug I can not find all the keywords and description included in Global Configuration Metadata >> >> Site Settings, I do not know 'why !!!

Code:

<meta name="keywords" content="custom keys for seo"> <meta name="rights" content="custom rights for seo"> <meta name="description" content="custom description for seo"> <meta name="generator" content="custom generator for seo">
Please all of you if you can help me understand .... Thanks in advance Mark ...... http://www.monserrato.info/

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Description and Keywords are not visible Karma: 79  
Please use this forum only for specific extension issues, not for generic seo/joomla ones.

By the way, don't use meta keywords at all, forget about them. Since years they are no more used and evaluated by search engines and can be even dangerous for SEO penalties if misused. About the description, Joomla uses a complex chain of overrides so the meta desc that you set in the Joomla Global Config is normally overwritten somewhere.

My advice if you are a JSitemap user, just use the search engines meta info dashboard, so you can manage title/desc easily for all URLs. It has been developed for this purpouse.

Best regards
John

Logged Logged  
Planetdogs.org
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Description and Keywords are not visible Karma: 0  
Hi John
Given that I am a new user Jextensions
Thank you so much, now I understand everything, because you metainfo can enter the title and description for each link, so index occurs more easily for the search engine to Google

Thank you again
Mark ...

Logged Logged  
Go to top