Re:OpenGraph on LinkedIn (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:OpenGraph on LinkedIn
Kiractive
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
OpenGraph on LinkedIn Karma: 0  
Hi,
I'm using JSitemap Pro on http://www.tompartners.com/ and declared all search engine metainfos, including images. It works well with Facebook and Twitter, but in LinkedIn, nothing displays, except site url (see image).

As you see, no title, no description, no image. It's quite a hudge problem because it's a B2B site, and informations have to be shared on LinkedIn rather than Facebook or Twitter.

Besides, I've got another problem : Google search console can't read robots.txt file when I try with Google's test tool. File is on 644, it can be seen online, site test on GTmetrics is good (A 90% for PageSpeed score, C 74% for YSlow score but mainly because I don't use a CDN). And the sitemap is still pending, despites I submitted it 10 days ago. So, there is no Google indexing for this site.

Could you help? For now, most urgent thing is LinkedIn problem.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:OpenGraph on LinkedIn Karma: 79  
Hi,
but both issues are not under our control.
As long as Open Graph metatags are correctly provided in the page by our component it means that there is an issue somewhere else. Normally Linkedin uses Open Graph in the same way as Facebook does, so i have no idea why this should not happen on your site too.

About your robots.txt, it has nothing to do with chmod permissions of the file on the server. If Google can't reach it and index the website, the problem could be rather that GoogleBot is blocked at server level. In this case you have to contact the hosting provider to investigate, this could even explain the problem with Linkedin.

Best regards

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top