Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Problems with RSS, MailChimp etc. (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Problems with RSS, MailChimp etc.
John Duffy
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Problems with RSS, MailChimp etc. Karma: 0  
Hi, I've just installed jsitemap onto our website ( cgcf.ie ) running Joomla 3.6.4. However, I've got a few problems which I haven't been able to resolve through the documentation or forum. Can anyone please help?

First is that MailChimp won't accept the RSS feed url as a valid RSS feed. I had this problem with the standard Joomla RSS feed, but thought that it was something to do with how I had possibly set it up wrong, and that the jsitemap RSS feed would be sure to work. The feed is: http://cgcf.ie/index.php?option=com_jmap&view=sitemap&format=rss&xslt=1&lang=en

The second thing is that none of the items in the PreachIt extension work, after importing the PreachIt data source file. The xml for this is: http://cgcf.ie/avmedia/podcasts/podcast.xml

Last, and not as important as the others, is that although the Jevents items (events) appear in the feed (which I can see in Outlook), the contents are not shown. I use the extension Articles Anywhere to replicate the contents in the events pages, such as {article sunday services}{/article} . It would be great to have this working for the category of 'Special Events', but I can live without this.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I tried to submit this before but it hasn't appeared in the post list, so here it is again.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Problems with RSS, MailChimp etc. Karma: 79  
Hi,
the RSS feed is correct and well formed, so i don't think that it's the problem. Maybe MailChimp has particular requirements for the RSS feed that i ignore. I've never worked with MailChimp RSS feed. If it accepts standard RSS 2.0 feeds it should even accept the RSS feed of Joomla and the RSS feed of JSitemap.

The Preachit links are wrong, i should understand a bit more how the configuration is done in the backend. You should really contact me at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it and provide an admin account.

Thanks
John

Logged Logged  
John Duffy
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Problems with RSS, MailChimp etc. Karma: 0  
Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I've emailed you with details.

Thanks again. JD

Logged Logged  
Go to top