Please Login to access forum.
Maintenance Help (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Maintenance Help
Alexandre Thrrien
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Maintenance Help Karma: 0  
Hi John, I've just update to version 4.2.2.

It seems that the component was down for a while since I didn't update it after updating joomla up to the version the component was not supported, without my knowledge. Does that mean the new links were not indexed or did google missed any new articles or K2 category that were added to my site?

It's been a while since I've checked and did maintenance on this site. It looks a bit messy.

I've noticed that many K2 links have an extra expression in the SEF, it looks like it could be duplicated canonical links. Would you have any suggestions?

Here is one example: http://www.quebecguitare.ca/suivi/simon-gag/content/guillaume-t-quebec

Would you have any guidelines or a tutorial on what to do maintenance on a website using Jsitemap?

I've just ran Analyzing Links function and it looks messy. I've got links indexed I didn't suspect and they are listed FIRST in the query. Does that mean google sees these links FIRST or it's just the component that renders the results a certain way?

What would you do in order to clean verify and clean a website using the full potential of JSitemap?
Do you have a flowchart?

Thank you
REgards

PS.: I've printed a link analysis result so you can see what I am dealing with.
P.S.S: The section "site metainfo" does it supports K2 items ?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Alexandre Thrrien
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:Maintenance Help Karma: 0  

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Maintenance Help Karma: 79  
Hi Alex,

Google normally should not have had interruptions for indexing new links while it was not updated. This could even depend on how much time is elapsed.

If you updated from a quite recent version of JSitemap, for example 3.x or 4.x series, you should not require particular operations. If you updated from an old version such as 2.x series, you could delete and re-create data sources for third party extension such as K2 to ensure to avoid issues.

Don't rely to the order of the links listed in the Links Analyzer, obviously that's only a casual ordering used in the component based on the data sources. Search engines work only with links priority values, the ordering of links doesn't matter at all. I don't see particular issues in your analyzer list, everything is good about contents and pages health.

My recommendation about using the full potential of JSitemap, is use it to improve titles and metadescriptions. Also use the SEO spider to identify potential SEO improvements and enable the auto ping feature.
The Search Engines Metainfo supports all extensions integrated through data sources and in the sitemap, obviusly including K2.

Best,
John

Logged Logged  
Go to top