J!Extensions Store™
Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Problems with JSitemap Pro and 500 error (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Problems with JSitemap Pro and 500 error
CW WebworX
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Problems with JSitemap Pro and 500 error Karma: 1  
Hi,

I purchased the full version and installed fine. However, we have over 5500 articles and we keep getting a 500 error when trying to generate a full html sitemap. It is timing out. We have tried every configuration possible with the same results. What we were hoping for is to have all content generated as static then as new articles are added have a dynamic sitemap that search engines can keep refreshing and indexing.

We are generating 5565 links but google is only indexing 500 of them. We dont know why.

Also how do we generate a full sitemap? We exported the sitemap.xml file and added it to our home directory and added via Google webmasters.

Any help would be appreciated.

We are running Joomla 2.5

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Problems with JSitemap Pro and 500 error Karma: 79  
Hi,

firstly ensure to have it updated based on this forum post: http://storejextensions.org/forum/view/10-jsitemap/5406-update-to-jsitemap-4-1-for-joomla-3-6-1-required.html

If you have a large sitemap and server timeout occurr, you should consider to use the AJAX precaching generation for the sitemap.
Generating the sitemap using AJAX and incremental steps will avoid server timeouts, this makes possible generate sitemaps also with 100000 links.

Remember that you need to handle XML sitemap not HTML.

As another strategy you could also export a static big sitemap positioning at server root as sitemap.xml and use the dynamic sitemap generated in realtime only for recent items.

Don't rely on the links reported as indexed in GWT. If your site is not new it reports only the difference of links added using sitemaps. Looking in the pdf component documentation is explained how to check the number of real links added to Google index using Google search.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

John Dagelmore

Logged Logged  
CW WebworX
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:Problems with JSitemap Pro and 500 error Karma: 1  
Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did try using pre caching but that didn't help. I think I may be doing something wrong or have set this up wrong. Still 500 errors.

Thanks for the info on Google. That makes sens that they show 5600+ articles but only 500 indexed. I guess they are looking at only the articles submitted in the last year or so. We generate an average of 10 new articles a week. I did reread the documentation and have a better understanding on what Google is indexing and how.

I have placed the sitemap_xml.xml(that is the name the extension generated) and added it also to google Webmasters.

Cheers!

John Dagelmore wrote:
QUOTE:
Hi,

if you have a large sitemap and server timeout occurr, you should consider to use the AJAX precaching generation for the sitemap.
Generating the sitemap using AJAX and incremental steps will avoid server timeouts, this makes possible generate sitemaps also with 100000 links.

Remember that you need to handle XML sitemap not HTML.

As another strategy you could also export a static big sitemap positioning at server root as sitemap.xml and use the dynamic sitemap generated in realtime only for recent items.

Don't rely on the links reported as indexed in GWT. If your site is not new it reports only the difference of links added using sitemaps. Looking in the pdf component documentation is explained how to check the number of real links added to Google index using Google search.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

John Dagelmore

Logged Logged  
CW WebworX
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:Problems with JSitemap Pro and 500 error Karma: 1  
Ok I finally got it working! it doesn't show every article on the html sitemap but just links to the newest ones and all the categories and menus.

Thanks for a great extension!

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Problems with JSitemap Pro and 500 error Karma: 79  
Hey thank you to trust us and be our customer!

Logged Logged  
Go to top