Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
What should be the priority of the home page if made only with components, modules ? (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: What should be the priority of the home page if made only with components, modules ?
Patrick Toulze
Junior Boarder
User Offline
What should be the priority of the home page if made only with components, modules ? Karma: 0  
What should be the priority of the home page if made only with components, modules ?

I was wondering how to be sure that the home page in this case are correct in the Sitemap.

I’m not sure How to?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:What should be the priority of the home page if made only with components, modules ? Karma: 79  
Home page can be set to 100%

Logged Logged  
Patrick Toulze
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:What should be the priority of the home page if made only with components, modules ? Karma: 0  
Thanks, In my case because I have no article in my front page how I should treat both of the Menu Priority Settings and Article Category Priority Settings ?

Menu : “Accueil”

Article Category (same name) : “Accueil”

As you see on the include image

Logged Logged  
Patrick Toulze
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:What should be the priority of the home page if made only with components, modules ? Karma: 0  
I also remark that in the Content Data Source, I have an article (that doesn’t exist”) assign to both language - See Image.

• I guess this important to be INCLUDED in the Sitemap?

• but where they are coming from?

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:What should be the priority of the home page if made only with components, modules ? Karma: 79  
No category is another thing, not related leave it as by default is ok.
Only the menu 'Accueil' must be set 100%.
If you have multilanguage site and corresponding menu items they must be in the sitemap too.

Logged Logged  
Patrick Toulze
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Thanks to stay with me, I will use Sitemap Pro now in all my new sites and I’m what you can call a “Newbie” with your extension.

Yes, What you see on the pict is the reflection of my Multilingual Category System.

The main category French /English have the corresponding child's categories that represent mostly the menus

e.g. ( I follow what you see on the pict)

Multilingual Category Systems

• English(The main language category)
|_ Home page English — (this is not an existing article? Do you think the name come from the System (Gantry 5) and I should probably not EXCUDE it?

• Home — (This is the category “Home” for everything (image folder/documents folder use to construct the front page and in this case the following temporary article (use in a info Lightbox) that I didn’t want to include in the Sitemap)
|_ Our Approach Video ( I exclude this article)

• For Whom? — (Category for the For Whom? menu…

Overview of Category System

ENGLISH (Main Category)
— Home
— For Whom?
— Our Services
— Our Technology
— FAQs
|_ FAQs on ADD / ADHD
|_ FAQs on Anxiety
…….

FRANCAIS (Main Category)
— Accueil
— Pour Qui ?
— Nos Services
— Nos Technologies
— FAQs
|_ FAQs sur TDA / TDAH
|_ FAQs sur l’Anxiété
…….

The following pics is the priority I put — Also I keep (NOT EXCLUDE) the strange “Home page English” and it’s corresponding “Page d’Accueil Français” and you can also see the Type of menu.

JUST TELL ME IF OK — (P.S) I didn’t change the priority of the articles by category but the Menu items (If I understand correctly)

Logged Logged  
Go to top