Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re submitting sitemap to console and possible penalty (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re submitting sitemap to console and possible penalty
George Petromanolakis Allnetworks
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re submitting sitemap to console and possible penalty Karma: 0  
Hello,

My webpage was ranked second on google for some keywords. Suddenly, the webpage is not found on google search for those keywords at all and when I type the website name at the search, I don't get the home page at results with the respective sitelinks.

A couple of days ago I resubmitted the sitemap to search console (I had just added some articles on my website) and my first question is, does it have something to do, the fact that I resubmitted the sitemap link?

Secondly, is there any point of resubmitting the sitemap link when new content is added on the webpage or that action is unnecessary and google performs frequent crawl on the website as it already has the sitemap link and knows where to look at?

Thank you in advance

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Re submitting sitemap to console and possible penalty Karma: 79  
Hello,

as it's always said, ranking has nothing to do with indexing and sitemaps.
If your site ranked higher in the past, it means that you have experimented a rank decrease probably due to the recent changes in Google Penguin. Also take care that from January the SSL become a rank factor for Google.

However, submitting and resubmitting a sitemap can't lead to penalties, however normally it's not needed because Google and other search engines fetches the sitemap automatically every 1-2 days. You may want to resubmit it to speed up indexing of new links in particualr cases, for example if you have a lot of changes and new contents added.

Best regards

John D.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top