Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Getting 500 error when I want to see HTML sitemap (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Getting 500 error when I want to see HTML sitemap
International Friends Community
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Getting 500 error when I want to see HTML sitemap Karma: 0  
Hi,
I have standard joomla 3.6 and also the latest version of Jsitemaps.

I am getting a 500 error when I try to view my sitemap via the back-end and also when i create the menu and navigate to it.

I know that is not very much information at this point but I have no idea what else to provide...

None of the exports of the site map work either...

Even the link https://munich.international-friends.net/index.php?option=com_jmap&view=sitemap shows an error... It used to work though...

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Getting 500 error when I want to see HTML sitemap Karma: 79  
Hi,
it looks like a scalability issue. Probably you have too much links and the server timeouts or goes out of memory.
Try to disable some data sources to reduce the number of links and check if the sitemap works.

If you enable the debug parameter in JSitemap config and the error reporting in the Joomla global config you will be able to get the exact error instead of the generic 500 error, being a script timeout or PHP memory limit.

Logged Logged  
International Friends Community
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Getting 500 error when I want to see HTML sitemap Karma: 0  
Ok that is it... that gave the error...

I would like to leave community Builder Users inside the site map for Google to find though (don't actually really care about the HTML site map). Should I then leave the community Builder user data point on or off?

Thanks

Tim

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Getting 500 error when I want to see HTML sitemap Karma: 79  
If the problem is given by the huge amount of users/links by CB you can't leave that data source published.
Based on the error details, you know if it's required more memory limit/timeout on the server, so increase it before including CB users in the sitemap again.

PS: obviously if you care to have CB users only in the XML sitemap you could just exclude that data source from HTML and use the precaching for XML, so bypassing server limits.

John

Logged Logged  
Go to top