Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Duplicate entries in SEO Dashboard and Spider (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Duplicate entries in SEO Dashboard and Spider
Steve Dingle
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Duplicate entries in SEO Dashboard and Spider Karma: 0  
Hi,
Very new to JSitemap and sitemaps and seo in general.
I was using the 'search engines metainfo' option to update the titles and descriptions and everything worked fine as far as I know. There was a single entry for each of my pages, there aren't many about 25.

However, after I activated my htaccess, added sitemap to robots.tct and submitted my sitemap to google I can now see there are two entries for every page in both the SEO Spider and search engine metainfo pages.

Those entries look like exact duplicates. Is this expected behaviour?

The site seems to be working fine as is my and the HTML sitemap is only showing 1 entry for each page, https://www.rightwaydata.co.uk/index.php/site-map

Thanks
Steve

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:Duplicate entries in SEO Dashboard and Spider Karma: 79  
Hi,

i see a normal 1 entry in your sitemaps, all formats.
However the htaccess and robots,txt can't duplicate links in a sitemap so probably you experimented some other weird issue.

My recommendation is to activate htaccess and links rewriting to remove 'index.php' from Joomla links.

John

Logged Logged  
Steve Dingle
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Duplicate entries in SEO Dashboard and Spider Karma: 0  
Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response. Being also ignorant about htaccess I had to do a little research but I changed the 'Use URL rewriting' to Yes and that does seem to have solved my problem, i.e. no more duplicates.

Thanks again,
Steve

Logged Logged  
Go to top