Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
VikEvents, need some help getting certain events displayed (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: VikEvents, need some help getting certain events displayed
non-profit
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
VikEvents, need some help getting certain events displayed Karma: 0  
Dear Community,

I chose to use the VikEvents component (extensionsforjoomla.com), which don't yet have search engine visibility in the form JSitemap-Pro does, so I would like your component to solve this indexing problem. The reason I chose the VikEvents component is because it not only books standard events, it has bookable appointment slots which I could not find in any other component.

In my offline install, I have a problem displaying the exclude-days events, this function selects a begin date, end end date, the user then selects the days to exclude leaving when the events are taking place. It is a sort of repeat events.

I contacted the developers, and the person who dealt with the request don't know of a way to create a single MySql query that can pull the results, and then filter them, so I am looking for a way to accomplish this task, sing a feature in jSitemap Pro that I am unaware of.

Can you help?

I can share my MySql code (exported JSON file) that is displaying most of the events in my test install via PM, this may be improved upon by the community, as I am still testing!
I can also share my VikEvents component along with the patch for the recent datepicker modifications in Joomla 3.7.0 via PM

Can we pull together and get full VikEvents support?
The church that I am building the website for cannot afford hundereds of pounds dev fees, and I am building this thing in my own time for free.

Kind Regards, I just hope someone can help me figure out a way to accomplish the seemingly impossible.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:VikEvents, need some help getting certain events displayed Karma: 79  

Logged Logged  
non-profit
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:VikEvents, need some help getting certain events displayed Karma: 0  
Thank you John,

I will get the vikEvents installed in a sub folder of the website, so it will be accessible via www.
Once I have it set up I will email the address, so your developers can see what I have accomplished so far with your documentation.

Kind regards

Logged Logged  
Go to top