Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:Image Sitemap produces broken links for easyblog (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:Image Sitemap produces broken links for easyblog
PT. Raja Ombal
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
[SOLVED]Image Sitemap produces broken links for easyblog Karma: 0  
Hi,

Jsitemap pro produces broken link for images contained in easyblog. This seems to happen since easyblog had been upgraded to the latest release. Instead of "http://" the image url starts with "//" only.

Code:

<image:loc>//mydomain.com/images/blog/222/b2ap3_medium_hanoman_kecak_dance_uluwatu_sunset.jpg</image:loc> <image:loc>//mydomain.com/images/blog/220/b2ap3_medium_ripcurl_cup_padang_2014_blog.jpg</image:loc> <image:loc>//stormrider-surfcamp.com/images/blog-media/b2ap3_medium_IMG_2538.JPG</image:loc>
Please fix ASAP. Thank you. best regards, Arnd

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:Image Sitemap produces broken links for easyblog Karma: 79  
Hi,
firstly you have to check the image path in the page source code. Indeed the protocol is really missing in several images.
Because the problem could be related more to Easyblog itself if the image path in the page is incomplete as:

//mydomain.com/images/blog/222/b2ap3_medium_hanoman_kecak_dance_uluwatu_sunset.jpg
instead of:
http://mydomain.com/images/blog/222/b2ap3_medium_hanoman_kecak_dance_uluwatu_sunset.jpg

However as far as i know the Easyblog team fixed this issue several months ago so it's weird that you still face this issue, unless you have some other plugins manipulating images link. This persists only when you have CDN hosted images. For this reason there is a parameter in JSitemap that you can use to enter the missing protocol part, as below. That should be the workaround needed in your case, however it would be better if you fix paths in the website too.

Best regards

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now

Logged Logged  
PT. Raja Ombal
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:Image Sitemap produces broken links for easyblog Karma: 0  
Hello,

this fixes the problem but i dont understand why i have to configure this as its an local resource?

cheers,

Arnd

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Because it's a local resource but in your case it has an incomplete protocol. I ignore the reason why in your website you have this kind of image links.

Cheers,
John

Logged Logged  
Go to top