Re:SEO Spider not updating (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:SEO Spider not updating
Wightsynergy
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:SEO Spider not updating Karma: 0  
Hi John
Sorry, I really do not mean to be a pain but the update only works on the first few items
You will see that I edited the data in item 5 "test text"
but this has not updated on spider seo http://nimb.ws/MWvCuc

Would you try changing line 5 and see if this is the same for you?

I also changed the text in line 1 and it updated for me but when I try 5 onwards no change update

I do hope it is not me being stupid as I have tried a number of ways of testing

Regards
Iain

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:SEO Spider not updating Karma: 79  
Hi Iain,

still same issue. You had not properly routed Joomla articles. When you have articles not routed in Joomla links are not good, everything must be routed to a menu item.
I've configured it properly using your already existing Hidden Menu. Always learn to do this in Joomla.

If you have Joomla articles not properly routed the result is having wrong links including 'component/content' and '?Itemid=xxx' . When you have articles not properly routed in Joomla links are not good and metadata doesn't match, everything must be properly configured and routed to a menu item.

Rework your Joomla menus in order to have correct SEF links or exclude from the sitemap orphan links with 'component/content' and '?Itemid=xxx'

PS: i asked to email me please

Regards
John

Logged Logged  
andrea sacchetti
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
hi
i have the same problem, can you explain how to solve?

Andy

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Hi,

this is not a real issue and this is not a problem directly related to the SEO Spider.

Simply put, it's not possible that the SEO Spider is not updating. It fetches the current data from your Joomla pages. If you change something and you notice that the SEO Spider still fetches old values, it means that your Joomla pages have not reflected your latest changes.

Commonly, this kind of situation means that there is caching active somewhere in your Joomla system. In other cases there could be a mismatch between links or a routing problem for links as for Iain. Links in Joomla must not contain 'component/com_xxx' but must be routed to a proper menu item.

I hope that this aspect is clear for other users reading this post in future.

Regards
John

Logged Logged  
andrea sacchetti
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
hi

i'm using k2 and with all cache disabled, even in jsitemap pro, and links not contain 'component/com_xxx' .
in wich directory is created seo spider output?

Andrea

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Hi

As is sated above, there is not output by the seo spider.
It fetches current data in real time from links that are the same included in the sitemap.

Only the links list is stored in the directory root/administrator/components/com_jmap/cache/seospider/sitemap_xml.xml

Regards
John

Logged Logged  
Go to top