Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
Re:SEO Spider results differ from metainfo (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Re:SEO Spider results differ from metainfo
Clarity Software Systems
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
SEO Spider results differ from metainfo Karma: 0  
I'm experimenting with the JSitemap metainfo entry. I've manually entered metainfo, and also automatically generated metainfo to determine the differences. Automatic is better and easier.

But when I use the SEO Spider to analyze the entries, All of the titles that are entered are preceded by the text from the System | Global Configuration | Site Name. When that is added to the metainfo text, the entry is too long.

I think this is a setting in the JSitemap control panel, but I can't figure out where it is, and the Control Panel has no detailed documentation that I can find. Can you direct me to that setting, or tell me how to fix this.

Thanks.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:SEO Spider results differ from metainfo Karma: 79  
This is normal and expected, this is how things work in Joomla. By default the site name is added to meta title.

If you don't want the Site Name to be appended to the meta title, you have to disable it in the Joomla Global Configuration. This is a feature of Joomla not of JSitemap.

Regards.

Logged Logged  
Clarity Software Systems
Fresh Boarder
User Offline
Re:SEO Spider results differ from metainfo Karma: 0  
I understand, and thanks for pointing that out.

The bottom line is, when entering metainfo you're allowed a net of 60 characters minus the length of the site info text. So in the case of the site I'm working on with a name that's 35 characters long, the real amount I can enter in metainfo title for search engines is 25 characters.

Or I can switch off that feature as you noted, which seems counterproductive.

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Offline
Re:SEO Spider results differ from metainfo Karma: 79  
If your site name is 35 characters long, i would recommend to switch off completely.It's a very long name, it's better to not have it in the title and use available characters for useful words.

Logged Logged  
Go to top