Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login to access forum.
CLOSED-How to specify the path to a poster or a video for the correct generation of a video sitemap? (1 viewing) 
Go to bottom
TOPIC: CLOSED-How to specify the path to a poster or a video for the correct generation of a video sitemap?
Amar Guillen
Junior Boarder
User Offline
CLOSED-How to specify the path to a poster or a video for the correct generation of a video sitemap? Karma: 0  
Hello,

I submitted a generated video sitemap to Google Search Console and I have a lot of errors. I have attached a copy of the screen to show you.

It seems that the generated video sitemap does not contain the full path to the posters or the videos. This is the relative path without the root of the link. In my case the root "https://www.guillenphoto.com/" is missing in the sitemap.
Is it normal or is it an issue?

I do not want to put the full path to avoid to have to rewrite the code if my domain name changes in the future.

Could you help me to solve the problem?
Thanks

Regards

Logged Logged  
  The topic has been closed.
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:How to specify the path to a poster or a video for the correct generation of a video sitemap? Karma: 79  
Hello,

there are no alternatives, paths in sitemaps must always be fully qualified URLs otherwise they won't get accepted by Google.

Regards

Logged Logged  
Amar Guillen
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:How to specify the path to a poster or a video for the correct generation of a video sitemap? Karma: 0  
Thank for your reply.

How are you able to manage this fact with the images? It works perfectly without having to add the root of the website.

Regards

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Re:How to specify the path to a poster or a video for the correct generation of a video sitemap? Karma: 79  
Because for images the absolute path is automatically added if missing.

I tried to do the same with video elements.

Try to replace the file root/components/com_jmap/views/sitemap/tmpl/videos/default_videos_html5.php with the one attached here.

That should do the trick.
File Attachment:
File Name: default_videos_html5.zip
File Size: 1462

Logged Logged  
Amar Guillen
Junior Boarder
User Offline
Re:How to specify the path to a poster or a video for the correct generation of a video sitemap? Karma: 0  
Hi,

it works perfectly.
This is the solution to solve my problem. I made a test with Google Search Console and I do not have any error.
So I keeping the file you sent me.

But what about the next release? Are you going to use that patch.

That is great
Regards

Logged Logged  
John Dagelmore
Admin
User Online Now
Thank you to confirm that this solution solves the issue.

This could be a facility for everyone using relative video path as in your case, so I'm going to merge this update in the next release as well.

Topic closed.

Regards

Logged Logged  
Go to top